1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Actually , the cops are waiting for the third offence. Thats when bargain will begin and the cash counters start ringing.Till then they would be happy generating Rs.100/- for the department.

Abdul
    1 person likes this.
  2. rahul16

rahul16

Cochin
    Finally police caught me too in Cochin.... Well for the last few months i was playing hide and seek in cochin city... i knew exactly these guys used to stand in my route...so used to roll down my windows... ;-) The place where they caught me, used to see them standing for the last 1 month but never seen them catching cars other than checking Trucks... so as usual i was cool but as of a sudden seems like they were catching all the tinted cars coming to city today :-(

They told me to pay a fine of rs 5000/- as contempt of court..blah blah.... I was like what the fck :eek: Then i cooked some stories finally they waived the fine provided i need to remove it and show them in station before today eve. Which i did..... hate to see my car without tint.;)
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Why the fine is 5000? It is 100 for first time. How the cops make their on rules?
  4. rahul16

rahul16

Cochin
    yeah i said the same thing to them.... initially when i started to argue their attitude started to change :eek: well since i was rushing to office for a meeting... no other option buddy. Seems like in kerala RTO has issued where in police can take case for contempt of court for this...
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Sice we are discussing it in forum we know the rules. General public will not know this 100->1000-> 5000 rule.
  6. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    @rahul Cochin, I am in cochin now. Where in cochin this happened? So you mean they have started serious business in cochin too? I have removed my tints before coming to cochin, but my dad's car still have tints. I dont want these greedy cops to trouble him....he is a senior citizen.
  7. rahul16

rahul16

Cochin
    It happened in kalamasssery ( NH 47) now catching cars have intensified bec even yest i saw them catching most of the cars coming to city.Within the city too they are..but u can also spot people with dark tints roaming, though the nos have decreased drastically .. You can't predict the kerala police...:)
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    TIll now in Maharashtra have not seen this activity of removing films,is it applicable only to south india :D
  9. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    No such activity in Hyderabad too. Touchwood. :D
  10. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I have already been warned in Mumbai twice, But as my car is MH14 registered tell them I have just arrived hence have escaped with a warning. But looks like might have to remove and opt for a lighter film. The cop infact said that the film is too dark :).

Kiran
    1 person likes this.