1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. arpenkar

arpenkar

Thane
    As a fellow Indian, I am ashamed by some of the callous statements posted by fellow TFIans in here. This is the first post in this forum where I felt, I should have stayed away from the group.

A lot of you are criticising the order because you have tints installed on your cars that exceed the legally allowed limits. Heck for all I know, in the near future, you guys will be gung-ho in challenging any blood-alcohol limits related orders passed because you enjoy some good drinks before you go for a drive.

Guys, I dont care what you think. But I do care what you post in public forums. I understand we are outstanding in the corruption indices and Rs. 100 does do wonders. There are several flaws in the implementations of laws and such. But that gives no premise for us to support and encourage lawlessness. On the contrary, we should look at ways to improving the situation.

Several people have jumped on saying that the judges have tints, the DSPs have etc. Does it really matter? You do your part and be happy for it. They may be doing 15,000 other illegal activities, but then, does them doing it give you any kind of license to go ahead and do it yourself?

I know I am going to invite a lot of flak from some posters whom I may have voiced against, but please, lets not go on an ego-trip here. Just go back and read what you have posted in here and see how irresponsible you have been and refrain in future. We have irresponsible media to deal with anyways, who twist and post a lot of news, which violates the basic essence. Lets at least be responsible citizens.
    2 people like this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Dear arpenkar, you have become too emotional Sir. Cool down. Neither of us here indulge or support illegal things. But, this particular judgement from SC is something which cannot be left without criticizing. After all in a democratic country like India, everyone has the right to speak.

Most of us here reacted very sharply because of the irresponsible judgement. Courts are meant to enforce the law not enacting a new law. The law clearly says that films can be used within permissible limits. What court has ruled is no one should use any films of any limits :). This is absolutely ridiculous.
    Last edited: May 4, 2012
    3 people like this.
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    +1 to Ramjn

Most of us here are responsible drivers, family members ,children and parents.. Responsibility and accountability is something that all of us do on a daily basis.
    SO there is no shortage of that ..
    (Point 1 cleared)??

Finally for all the trouble you've taken to let us all know that we are

A bad decision is a Bad decision there are no 2 ways about it. WE have not ridiculed the SC for a decision but SC also houses HUMANS who tend to make mistakes, we are trying to point it out and let them know that there is an unrest created because of this decision.
    (Point 2 cleared) ?

YES we will challenge this as well, If anyone has loose facts about accidents being caused by drivers because they have done as much as to just smell alcohol and drive, and someone uses such kind of baseless accusations then we will fight for that too.. Because We know its not true (Just the same way the current topic of conversation is not true.
    (Point 3 cleared) ?

Finally for all the trouble you've taken to let us know that we are not constitutionally right and we should be more responsible and it's better we follow rules put forth by some XYZ,
    Here are my 2 cents.

I can just argue with you so much that the mods will either throw both of us out of this forum or either one of us will be out.
    Secondly , this topic would just go out of bound and become Meaningless, as we can fight for eternity.
    So i'm biting my teeth and letting this one go.

PS:: There is a fine line between creating a valuable debate and making a page 3 story, if you know what I mean, Please do the needful.
    Thanks
    (There will be no more posts from my end on you're counter arguments, so if you wish to you can go ahead and start a fight)
    3 people like this.
  4. arpenkar

arpenkar

Thane
    Looking at the reactions, I went and re-read the original TOI post. I accept that I misread the original article and it talks of removing ALL sunfilm. I therefore stand corrected.

Even then, the way some points have been put forth are not in the right light. There are ways in which to oppose such decisions. My main objection is to the way some points have been put forth here, not the issue at large.
    1 person likes this.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    This is an open discussion forum. Please let us know which points are not correctly reacted here. Of course we need to correct it. From your post I am not able to find out where the mistake is. Each and every point that discussed has some valid points.

Definitely I am more concerned since I have tints. It is very natural. I am also concerned since I know how difficult it for my kids and family to travel in extreme heat it is natural. I also know that it is very very unsafe to travel in highways to travel in very transparent glass which is also natural. I also know that whatever I am facing is also a problem for other citizens and that also trouble me which is also natural. So I am not finding anything unnatural here. The forum has reacted against the blind decision without considering the other facts.
    4 people like this.
  6. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Buddy, this comparison of having tints with drunk-driving was uncalled for. From where all of us have looked at it, the decision reflects shortsightedness. Tints protect us from the harsh summer sun. That they also make cars look cool is an insignificant second benefit. The Judiciary is an important pillar of democracy, but tell me doesn't such shortsightedness in decisions shake your belief in it? This forum is however, one place where people vent out their frustrations and seek solutions if possible.

Hope this makes sense at some level.
    Last edited: May 4, 2012
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Just mow I was watching Manorama News. There was a report about the vehicle used with sun control films in Government vehicles. Even the Altis of High court has very dark film. The court itself is not obeying the law then why they ask common man to follow it. :confused:
  8. Umesh Prasad

Umesh Prasad

Delhi
    Today we are asked to remove the films and tomorrow someone comes and say crime has increased in night the SC will pass order to put on the cabin lights during night so that everything inside the car is visible to 100% so are we going to accept it and follow???
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Guys lets leave it at this , and move on with the topic at hand.
    I'm very sure every one here will have something to say against arpenkar's comments..
    Let it go before the Mods jump in and close the whole thread.
    This thread is far too precious to be closed just like that because of such arguments....
    1 person likes this.
  10. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @arpenkar

Your overreacting to members comments i guess.This is one such stupid law that the HC has passed without knowing its effects on the other side.They are just thinking about law.I guess laws should be made to protect both people and the law itself so that people dont cut corners and break the law.

What if the court says you have to stop using the a/c and roll down ur windows n drive cuz people do lot of crimes/ding dong inside their cars in mumbai?? Are people gonna follow this law too and stop using a/c n roll down windows n drive their cars??

We need to think both sides.We put our hard earned money on these films to get protection from the harmful UV & IR of the sun and keep the cabin cool.I dont wanna drive around and get sick or attract cancer in anyway.A big NO!!

Cheers!!
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2012
    1 person likes this.