1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. redtux

redtux

Trivandrum
    hey ashtek, if u remove the RE50 and keep the CR70, will the cops be able to find out? The film on side windows can be easily found by just rolling down the windows. There will be a small part on top that is still not covered with film. But the front windshield film is pretty light and the edges cannot be found as it is on the black border. Better part with RE50 and maybe you can save the CR70, what say?
  2. I have kept CR70 and removed the films from the side and rear. I observed that cops are checking the side and rear.
  3. someshvar

someshvar Timido

Bangalore
    This Sun Films Removal thing seems like a damn scam to me. I haven't seen anybody bothered to catch folks with Sun Films in Whitefield and Indiranagar area at least. Just heard from a friend that he was caught and had to cough up a fine but have seen no other instances at all.

In fact by this logic, one should ban Internet as it gives access to kids to P*rns and shal ban TVs as they show lot of violence:devil:ban
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I've kept my front windshield films on, removed the rest. So far I've been lucky.. hopefully i stay that way and this nonsencical order is revoked..

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  5. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    Halo Bangaloreans, please suggest a good speaker installer in Bangalore. I purchased 4 speakers for my Linea. The speakers are riveted to the door and it is not very easy to remove it. I could not find a good installer yet. It is going to be a week now....please help me....
  6. ashtek

ashtek Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I'm also thinking of removing all (RE50) except front (CR70) hoping that cops won't find it. But I'll wait for one or two weeks and see if cops still continue this drive.
    Not removing the sun film (that too not dark ones) does not seem like such a big crime that they'll seize the vehicle...but we never know, anything can happen here :-(

Is there nothing that we can do about this senseless rule? Once SC says 'no sun films allowed' is it the end of it?
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    1 person likes this.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    If they again take a U turn who is responsible for our losses. Court is responsible and it should reimburse the money by deducting it from the salary of those who had misinterpreted the act. If it is a loss for a bank due to its manager the bank will do the same. Then why to spare judges. They should be double cautious when dealing with sensitive cases. They should have open mindedness to seek the help off experts.
  9. Torpedo

Torpedo Amatore

Bangalore
    As per the Bangalore police, third time offenders are dealt with quite seriously ( I think License Suspension or Vehicle seizure). But then again, only if they recorded the previous 2 correctly on their BB.

For the folks driving on Koramangala Inner Ring Road, cops have been very active last couple of days targetting vehicles with tint. They are stationed on the side going towards Domlur Flyover just after the U-turn for vehicles coming out of EGL. I have been rolling down my windows everytime I drive on this stretch and been lucky so far
  10. Sunilreddy

Sunilreddy Timido

hyderabad
    I was caught by banglore police regarding the tint.Mine is a ANDHRA PRADESH registered vehicle.I went there to meet my brother.I told him that the rule is not yet implemented in our state after discussing for 10 mins & showing him all the toll receipts :A .He gave me a challen of 100 rs with out removing my tint :grin:
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2012