1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Ram, I was talking with a person in train about other options. He was telling that it is possible to tint the glasses. He doesn't know the places. Think of that possibility also.
    Please don't go for films again. Wait for few days market will get flooded with alternate options.
    3 people like this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Optical lenses are treated with heat to make it tinted. May be the same thing can be applied for the automotive glasses too.
  3. It may cost more than sun film,but photo chromic stuff will better,where in it becomes dark with sun light and becomes light with out it.
    4 people like this.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    In India the a vehicle customer is treated like a criminal. If we approach any office for any thing the way they behave is without a minimum manners. I always avoid(in fact hate) the recommendation way of working, ie influence a higher authority to get the things done at lower level. If we call any office there is so much reluctance to convey the information. There is no basic manners of asking one even to sit.

Our law systems is a total failure to protect the rights of a person. It need to be corrected only by a revolution. A peaceful revolution. When ever we buy a product we worry about warranty. What about the constitution. Can I ask for any warranty of this product. Can our law protectors guarantee that? Allowing people to buy a product for some time and then reject it on another day is a barbarism wrapped with threads of constitution.

These people make citizens feel shy to be part of this corrupted country(at least for some time). The useless corrupted elements of our administrative and judiciary is more deadly than a nuclear waste. Where we will deposit it?
    4 people like this.
  5. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    saw this comment in fb, on a post concerning sunfilms :

" soon supreme court will order to use transparent glass walls on houses, hotel rooms, bed-rooms and rest-rooms!!..they recently discovered that India's fastest! population growth is due to the sun control films on cars!!..damn .."

I escaped twice this week as the police were busy with cars they ve caught.
    2 people like this.
  6. saipv

saipv Amatore

All of a sudden, big hunt going on for tinted glass infront of the tech park where I work (Bagmane Tech Park, CVR, Bangalore). Today, 2-3 police inspectors along with few policemen standing at the entrance gate itself and catching all tinted cars. Everybody paying fine, and for some, the policeman himself tearing off the tints.

As its a peak time, no need to explicitly say that traffic jam also there. Tech Parks will be their sureshot easy target....
  7. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Oh! I was thinking why Blore cops are still silent! So finally they started! Are they checking only for dark tints or everyone with tints irrespective of visibility?
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  8. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Think we should install the saint gobain sun reflective glasses .. hope you should have seen in ads two old persons inside the house with hot sun outside. :)
    Wven @ 7 pm now adays cops are in streets checking ...
  9. saipv

saipv Amatore

Even this is the first time am seeing bglr cops in action for tints ....when I was passing through, I noticed only dark tints getting caught .... light tinted ones were allowed to pass ....
  10. My car was with minimal tints. Even it was stopped and fined at Domlur flyover