1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. next weekend i got a long trip coming. need to pull them sunfilms off before that. will they ban me from wearing my shades too? i'm really worried. shades could also hide your identity right. is there any rule regarding the accessories worn by the driver like shades/caps/masks? if a person wears a mask while driving, is it punishable? weird, but genuine thoughts. can i mask my identity while driving on a public road?
    2 people like this.
  2. maverick

maverick Amatore

If you are going anywhere near Cochin better remove the film. Not sure how long the police will hunt for cars with films.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Just wondering if the Government will also remove the window curtains from all Air conditioned and First class coaches of Indian Railways.

Why target only the cars?
    1 person likes this.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Ram, it is a perfect analogy. Removing sun films is the same effect.
  5. i don't think the analogy makes sense. the railway compartments are supposed to be public places already. while the govt doesn't want our private space, ie, inside our car, to remain private. now the govt is planning to play the big brother watching over its citizens.
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    The train is the public property. How do you make it public with those First class coaches?

Govt. planning to watch over its Citizens? :lol
    I never thought that we really have a Government in place in India.
    1 person likes this.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I want to say that we are loosing privacy in both cases and the chance of more criminal activities involved are more, instead of other way as expected by government.
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  8. hey, our govt is probably trying to pretend that it's like some regime that could put down any criminal activity... and theyre starting from the bare earth level - sunfilms. and would go up from the grass-root level once the common population are all doomed. how many are going to get sunburns now!
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Only we old car owners will get sub burns. Waits for few months we will see cars coming with black tinted glasses kissing the supreme courts allowed limit.
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am getting reports that Chennai police is distributing pamphlets at the door step in few areas in Chennai asking to remove the Sunfilms.

I don't understand why all these sudden drama carried out by Govt, Judiciary and the law enforcers. If having sunfilms is illegal, there are many more illegal things with the vehicles. Why don't they cover all in this current drive?
    - I am seeing hell lot of bikers without the side mirrors.
    - Around 70% of the bikers do not wear helmet.
    - More than 50% of the front seat occupants of the car don't wear seatbelts.
    - Majority of the school buses, vans and college buses don't adhere to speed limits (Last week, a school van went past me with kids on the OMR when I was doing 70'ish)
    - To my knowledge, Indicator lights do not work or not being used with almost 99% of the public transport buses in Chennai.

The list goes on and on and on for the illegal activities according to this lawless country. Why should I alone follow the rule by removing the tints in my car? It is just becoming unbearable if driven in direct sunlight. I am soon planning to get the sunfilm again (CR 70) on my car windows alone sparing the rear.
    2 people like this.