1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    While parking car near G K vel studio, , Pycrofts Garden Road, saw car with dark tint coming out from a bungalow. That was our HM's house:confused:
  2. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Finally got caught and paid the fine.

When enquired why is such a rule imposed in Chennai where its extremely hot the inspector in charge told me that government is imposing idiotic rules and we are also working like idiots. Smiled and moved on, will be mostly removing it over the weekend.
  3. Total Ban on sunfilms on all cars, Ban on tourism in Tiger Reserves and still more idiotic rules to come like 'Kill all the people who have cholera, Dengu or whatever. They should kill themselves or police will find them and kill." Supreme Court RAWks.
    3 people like this.
  4. maverick

maverick Amatore

Got challaned on Saturday for having sun control film on the car, had to remove the same today. Hope some one rewrites the age old motor vehicle act.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I remember the time when our old Maruti 800 had complete jet black film installed (1995). The cooling of the AC was so much more effective, even though the film must've been the cheap plastic type. We used to switch the AC off after a while!

From a technical point, we are greatly overworking the AC system without any sort of thermal barrier on the glasses, thereby consuming more fuel.

Ofcourse the honourable Judiciary thinks otherwise. Now that the sun-films are banned, i'm sure India will be No.1 in crime free countries. :rolleyes:
    5 people like this.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I think they will even ban AC for environmental issues. Cannot avoid this possibility.

I saw a ad of VW in Hindu were green heat absorbing tints are there in features list. manufactures now started reacting to the rule.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am noticing that many of the bikers in Chennai City drive the bike without the rear view mirrors on both sides. They just change lane to their will without worrying about the vehicles that come behind. They pose huge risk to themselves as well as others on the road. But, who worries about this? Our idiotic judiciary is busy in banning the tints which according to them is a major violation of law in this lawless country.
  8. Sunilreddy

Sunilreddy Timido

hyderabad
    Our Honorable court banned us from using the tint showing the cause that crimes are committed in cars having Tinted glasses only.I have been using a tinted car since few years never committed one.Does the Court mean to say that people who are using tinted car are all criminals & their main reason to have tint is to commit crime.if that the case why do so called LEADERS & other VIPs use tinted vehicles.For suppose there are 100 students in a class & 1 has committed crime.punishing the reaming doesn't make any sense.That is what our court is trying to do.This is not called as "DEMOCRACY ". Banning of tint is not going to improve any thing its going to make matters worst than before.People can be followed especially woman & thefts will increase for sure because every thing from an audio system to any other valuable things left in the car can be seen clearly & directly.Now the thief doesn't have to do any guess work before breaking the glass,All thanks to our COURT.our country lies in tropical region where temp reaches 45 + at some times tint helps us to keep the temp low.allow the tint with in limits instead of completely banning it. Hope our court considers this before giving their judgment,

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

Is their a way to directly tell the judge who is handling the case directly over views like some sort of SMS's or Emails.In Hyderabad the ban is not implemented yet.but the HTP has asked the views through Facebook.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The Judge will probably haul you up for contempt of court if you try and question the verdict. :lol:

The Judiciary thinks it is above the "common man" like you and me and believes whatever they do is right. No wonder some commentators have labelled some judicial verdicts as Judicial Terrorism. :p

Make no mistake, the Indian Judiciary makes/has made some VERY progressive judgements. But this one just doesn't make sense.
    2 people like this.
  10. Today I removed sun films from my car. CR30s which I got for free (paid indirectly) went to bin.

Felt like every one on road was watching me driving. Felt noticeable difference in cabin temperature. Can’t imaging how it would have been in peak summer.