1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

My Linea was stopped by cops in Pondicherry on NH 45A towards Villupuram en route Trichy on 3 August 2012. Reason? The cop told me that my car had sun film, which was banned by the Supreme Court. I requested him to kindly show me that. He came, saw, profusely apologised, shook hands with me and asked me to proceed. Ditto in case of another MS Esteem.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Bangalore cops also started stopping cars. Yesterday my car was stopped near Domlur flyover. Cop came naer to my rear side of the car and shown car have tint which is very minimum. He said please remove this at the earliest as the rule is going to be strict and given a fine of 100rs .
  3. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

on my way to home(kollam) in NH47 saw Police stopping cars with tints installed.
  4. My Punto was stopped and fined for having the sun-film on the rear windshield (only) in Pondycherry today afternoon. I am in Chennai, My wife and her parents have taken my Punto to Thiruthuraipoondi for a marriage, the car is driven by a known driver. My Father In law called me in the afternoon and told The car was stopped by the cop, first he let them go since the side glasses had not film but as the car past him slowly he noticed the film on the rear windshield and came running to stop the car. He fined 100 Rs.

Now in a confusion if I should remove the film from R.Windshield or not. I still have it because Night driving on highways without film on the rear is too disturbing, that is why I didn't remove that. Don't know what to do....
  5. Srida ,
    I was also keeping the rear sun film till yesterday .. Yesterday I removed it and now my car is having only CR70 on front wind shield which is fine .

Now since the court had said that they will punish the police of they fail to implement this rule I believe it is better to remove it ..

At night even after putting the rear view mirror in the anti glare mode you are finding it difficult ?

6. Ajit, Reflection from the RVM is not an issue coz I flip it to anti glare mode. The problem is, the Cabin is lit up nicely with the High Beam from the vehicles coming behind. That is kinda disturbing. That is the main reason I still have the film on the rear. If it is gonna get serious I would also remove it.
  7. ashtek

ashtek Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
  8. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

I removed my sunfilms yesterday :(
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Today, on my way to office, I saw lots of teared sunfilms on road. That was very disturbing as it is not being disposed in a right manner.
    1 person likes this.
  10. They should ban plastics bags and impose proper waste disposal as strongly as sun films.