1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. samurai84

samurai84 Amatore

Bangalore
  2. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    So we can have the existing tints and dont have to strip it off ???? Happy newsss :)
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks for the update samurai.
    I think the Judiciary and the Government has not yet achieved their planned target. The wait begins again.

No Varun. The SC has reserved the judgement and have not stayed the previous order. So, we still have to remove the tints. :(
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I am not able to get the meaning of the term reserve the judgement. Is it means that they are not able to come with a resolution of their first order or on the review case?
  5. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It means that they have kept their judgement on hold for the review petition filed before them.

The previous judgement of banning the sunfilms still hold good as of now.
  6. It is not mentioned when the next hearing .
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    In that case what we can hope is only for our children. I am feeling proud of Indian judiciary systems. Here is the few lines from the news appeared in Decan herald

"The court said that it had not disturbed the Rule 100(2) but had only interpreted it. The court said that if the manufacturers had any problem with the interpretation then they could approach the law makers.

"If you want to tell us that the rule is not in public interest or otherwise then go to the legislature," said Justice Patnaik.

The court said that what law permitted was just the glass and nothing could be pasted on it. "There may be better or cheap alternatives to glass but we can do only what the rule says," the court said."

The rule on express highways says to follow the lane. If some one(bikr) by his mistake changed the lane and one has the option to break the rule and change the lane to avoid a collision.Other option is to follow the rule. Let the bike hit the car why should he care? He will follow the rule since there is no rule written on what to do in this situation. The bike fellow is supposed to follow the rule and I don't want to take the chance of hitting on another heavy truck. Logic in our legal systems will work up to some level and then use the help of complex procedures to protest their interest since they are too week to defend any finger pointed on them . Here now no common man is now going to question their logic, because their logic is protected by their working procedures.
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Then why should they reserve the judgement? They could have rejected the review petitions outright.

There is still something fishy about this whole drama. I still believe this is a combined conspiracy from Judiciary, Government and the manufacturers to loot the money from the innocent consumers.
    1 person likes this.
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Courts stand is that they didn't make any new rules. Whatever they said is the existing rules. 70% and 50% VLT is applicable only for safety glasses. That is what I could understand. What I could feel is that they are defending their judgements with loopholes in the original motor vehicle act.

One petition from a gentleman had changed the entire situation. Good. Let us hope it is for good. But there are many such things in our country that is waiting for some gentleman to take it to court. Then only our judicial system can see them. The common of common man has one question. I struggle to find a way to live in this society, still I am unable to tolerate the daylight violations of the constitutions by the influential affluent sections of the society. At least make the following available to public

1. What is the total coast involved in the current rate to file such petition.
    2. What is the procedure.

We common people doesn't know that a gentleman's petition has such magical powers. If each of our common people file one petition against each such violations, then we can build heaven in this earth. And we will sit and watch the show

A1=>B1, B1=>C1 then question comes, what about the relation between A1 and C1. :confused: reserved judgement .
    Next case A2=>B2, B2=>C2. Question what about the relation between A2 and C2:confused: reserved judgement
    This continues without any break. Let us pretend that the logic is perfect.
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
    4 people like this.
  10. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    This is 100% true and will surely happen, Answer will be sure that they will say its permissble and under motor act of VLT you can paste films.