1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Friends don't panic. Court has banned only dark black sunfilm.

Window film which have 70% VLT for rear glass & 50% VLT for side glass is allowed.

This order is for prevention to illegal acts by bad social groups & criminals.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This is not good. Keeping my fingers crossed.

delhi police.jpg
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I am confused now. What is the final conclusion. According to above post and as per the original court document it looks that any additional film is not allowed.
    Bhai, Can you post the proof of your claim?
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am relieved a bit now.

Supreme Court ban on tinted glasses has motorists worried - The Times of India

Chennai additional commissioner of police (traffic) Sanjay Arora said enforcing the ban may not be a top priority for city police. "The order came because of crimes committed in Delhi. Fortunately, this is not the case in Chennai," he said. "Enforcement will also require extra manpower."
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I just hope Bangalore also has the same opinion ..
    Generally Bangalore is known for some really silly decisions..
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Extra manpower to remove stickers. In shops they will charge 50-100 for removing and these cops has to do it free for us. Definitely a good exercise for them.
  7. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
  8. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Idiotic judgement by the Supreme Court. I am going to venture further and ask who are these joker's who have passed this silly judgement? Which dream world are these 'honourable' judges living in? Their car's have that silly white curtain covering the window's so it seems like they have closed their eyes and minds to the problem of Indian summer's.

As a first step, I feel sun film manufacturer's should take up this case and prove it to these moron's that UV radiation is also controlled by sun film's.

Wake up cops and judges, India needs sun films due to climatic conditions & health reasons.

Why doesn't the SC take up the issue of poor roads and total absence of road signs? Improve these simple things and see how accidents reduce but then the government is the 'mai baap' here and they can never be wrong. Sick country!

As for security of women, do the judges really believe that the roadside romeo's are not going to ogle, leer and tease women travelling in car's with no sun film's?! Have the judge's and cops not seen the dirty, lusty looks women get when they are travelling in cars with windows rolled down? Forget that, even if a couple is in a car people keep looking inside trying to see if they get to see some 'scene'. You can't talk or do something as simple as hold the hand of your gf or wife without people trying to pry inside to see what's going on. What about abduction and rape that may happen because a car didn't have sun film and the woman was clearly visible to the goons?

If you want to control crime, you have to strengthen your policing and sensitise your population towards the fair sex.

Recently, in Mumbai, 3 men barged into a house and raped a woman. Will the SC rule that all houses should be made of transparent glass now?!

As for the cops starting a drive from tomorrow, they will have to stop 95% of cars on the road and remove the sun films! This is going to be a tamasha of few days and things will get back to how they were. Not to worry guy's. It's the same SC that passed a judgement that there will be no smoking in public places, we all know what happened to the implementation of that rule.

I, personally, have darker then legally required sun film in both my City and Punto. I hope I am not unlucky enough to get caught for the next few days.
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
    8 people like this.
  9. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Any updates guys? Anyone being pulled up due to tints?
  10. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3