1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    I believe you already have the same glass in your punto today.. Check the ratings in your car in the driver side windscreen bottom..
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes All FIAT cars (at lest) already come with tinted glass..
    Front 75% and sides 50%.. Its written at the bottom of each glass pane..
  3. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    Guys need to visit Chennai on Wednesday. I haven removed the film cos in Bangalore police are going easy. How about the situation in Chennai? How much fine are they imposing? And any special treatment for vehicles registered from other states? I will be visiting Annasalai street near Gemini circle.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You may or may not be safe. Chennai cops are still fining the vehicles. Yesterday, I saw a bunch of policemen fining the violators. They asked me stop as well and they realized that I have removed the films and I was allowed to move on. If you are caught, you should be fined Rs. 100 ideally. Carry some fuel bills from KA to prove yourself that you have just arrived Chennai. Or show the toll receipts.
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  5. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    what If someone is caught 2 nd time for violation. because I intend to stay for 2 days in Chennai..
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Rs. 300 for second time violation.
    Rs. 1000 for third time violation.

I don't know what will happen there after. I guess they will tear off the films for the second/third time.
  7. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Another Police Vehicle with tints

Shot couple of days back. The Police vehicle doing rounds happily with the dark tints on.

police veh.jpg
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    This should go to chennai police facebook.
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    i was stopped by Traffic Police in bangalore, couple of weeks back for checking tints in the whitefield area. I had removed it on 5th june itself though! they let me go after looking at the glass, telling that since its black car, it wasn't visible from far.
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    when i was in TN a few weeks back i saw a lot of Police cars / highway interceptors and some "normal cars" running on tints .
    As everything here I'm guessing things change only with people willing to make that change.

A sign of respite would be that at least in BLR i've so far not come across govt vehicles with tints...