1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I could understand this harry. I thought cops have gone slow on this process. It is indeed surprising to know that they are still fining.

Are there reports of being fined at other cities?
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    In my recent trip to kanyakumari i was really really flamed by all my friends for removing the tints..
    the heat was just unbearable.
    Later we resorted to hanging clothes against the windows .
    I dont understand why every citizen is to be penalized for the inability of the govt to apprehend the criminals.. :(
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am just hoping this is done soon.

MANGALORE: The newly formed Car Owners and Consumers' Association (COCA) will file a petition in the Supreme Court to review the ban on use of the tint films on four wheelers.

The review petition will be filed by advocate Padma Prasad Hegde when the court re-opens after vacation. He told TOI that court banned films on the basis of a PIL filed by Avishek Goenka without hearing other parties involved. There are lakhs of consumers and car owners who use these films, who were not heard at the time of passing the order. The matter should have been given wide publicity before passing the order,'' he said.

Related Source
    Car owners & consumers association

Tint films: Mangalore car owners to file review petition - Team-BHP
    1 person likes this.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I was waiting for such a news. Now there is a hope for us.
  5. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    @theblack, Are not every citizen who travels by air frisked and scanned and patted down and x- rayed at the airports when they travel by plane. Is every citizen a potential hijacker or a destroyer ? Rules will be formed and amended from time to time by the need and situation. Some of them we welcome, some we criticize. All part of life.

Chennai cops have decided to jail drunk drivers. Why? Arent the drivers supposed to know that they should not drive after a drink? When compliance is lacking and violations take centre stage, rules will seem harsh and harsher. When matters involve sharing public space, monitoring kicks in, and if they are any impediments to it, methods to tackle will evolve.

Abdul
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2012
    2 people like this.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    We are getting penalized for inability of government to control criminals is a fact. I am not telling that we should free from all rules and regulations. In India what is happening is rules are produced lavishly without much thinking about the consequences. To break a peanut why to hit with hammer? Why the government is not controlling population which is the root cause of all india's problems. finally everything will boils down to vote bank. They don't want to loose it. If there is loop holes in law what is the mechanism that correct it or even identify it. It get noticed when it get criticized. It will get corrected only when there is a mass protest on it. Why Gandiji decided to break rules when there were rules passed by the government?
  7. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    Mods Note - Post Deleted.
    Please don't post anything personal.
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Mods Note - Post Deleted.
  9. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    any updates on the review petition???
  10. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    I saw many people who spent 7-15 thousand on V-KOOL, LLUMAR etc etc , and now when they are banned , all are bashing Govt . I inquired Temperlite and Asahi glass and their high end 35% tinted glass,40%heat rejection, UV filter windshield comes for 8000 rs with 3 years warranty For Punto and professional installation .
    I think it makes sense if one can pay 15k for film , this 8000 rs windshield is best .