1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. I tried rubbing with bare hands. it didnt work. And yes I pulled them off fast. :(
  2. samurai84

samurai84 Amatore

Bangalore
    srida:- Try cleaning the window with Iso propyl alcohol with colin.. it does wonder :)
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    On Western Express Highway, I've not yet seen cops stopping vehicles for films. May be because my car doesn't have it so I might not have come across. But overall also Mumbai members have not yet reported.

Keep your fingers crossed, wait for a few days & pray that someone takes a stay.

In Mumbai traffic, it's actually not very difficult to dodge/ avoid cops. You stay in the middle line, never be right at front at the signals, keep your car surrounded by other cars and in all probabilities, you'll get saved.
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    I think any law is not strictly enforced in non metros,in small towns and cities.Not even a single person removed the sun film from their windows in my place,they don't even know about the supreme court ruling.
  5. I removed my Rs13K Huperoptik sunfilms yesterday night, I used rectified spirit and soft tooth brush to remove it but yet ended up on getting few scratches here and there.
    Film came as one piece and glue had to be worked on to remove it, over all it was 3.5 hours of work.
  6. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    MY sunflim was removed in 10 mins flat..no marks ..nothing....

Now..everything inside car is very visible..usually I have laptop,card docks ..other gadgets etc..now I'm worried...
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I removed the sunfilm on the seven glasses on my punto today morning! It came out pretty easily. i was having to pull it with some strength as it was stuck nicely. used a small knife to pull out a small part before it can be pulled by hand.

The bootlid glass had dealer installed garware sunfilm where as all other glasses had 3M. The 3M ones came out cleanly without any remains of glue but the garware one left bit of black marks which i cleaned using colin without much effort!

It took around 15-20 minutes. saved 300 rs :) there was an indica taxi driver next to me looking in amusement. he was asking whether it is coming out easily. he told he spent rs 400 for it!
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  8. Now in chennai , the cops are stationed in front of IT campus .. Yesterday and today I saw cops on Rajiv Gandhi Salai road ( where RMZ Millenia is) and stopping almost all cars .
    Yesterday and today too they stopped me and on seeing that I have clear windows on Left side they left me free .

Note : I have not removed tints from my rear window and also from driver side window ( CS 35 series) .Also my windshield sunfilms are intact ( CR70). Still all the 3 times that I was stopepd till now , cops were not having any issue with these tints . Though it look awkward with tint on driver side glass alone I will keep it till our meet .But no plan to remove the tints from rear window .

Ajit
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Agree, though i have doubt how many cars they can check/fine for violation, considering most of the time traffic is so heavy, but i do see this time normal people do started removing themselves. Lots to happen more.
  10. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Today had a narrow escape at Santhosapuram Juntion on Tambaram-Velachery Road. A Linea in front of my got caught and it was brand new car with SF on. So till the situation changes I've an alternative route up the sleeve :geek: