1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    teky,

You are lucky that you came across that kind of senior officer. There should be visibility of objects inside and that is the main criterion.

The cars climate control systems are designed and tested to give comfort levels without the use of these appendages. Do you remember Fiat replaced / upgraded the compressor for the 1.2 Puntos ? It is precisely to improve the comfort at zero external assist. To say all the original equipment flops to give comfort sans sun tints is not ideal.

Abdul
  2. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Indeed very true to come across such an officer Abdul sir. However what I proved to him was these films aren't affecting the visibility at all which he understood after looking through.

Yes, I agree the OE wouldn't fall flat during such hot summers, but it's just that we're having too hot summer this time in Chennai and hence SF can save something. I'll certainly get it removed once the summer subsidizes.
  3. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    after removing tint,it was like walking without foot ware.i suppose it will become normal in course of time.

perhaps visibility increased drastically,no more blind spot around A pillar.

visibility of cabin paved the way for beauty,linea with leather seat one heck of looker.i feel it is a free ad for fiat.
    1 person likes this.
  4. That is good news Suresh ..

Today even I was surprised to see that there was not even a single cop in the Palalvaram - Kamatchi hospital Stretch . Are they slowing down . ?

Ajit
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    The colours that suits best without dark tints are HHB, FR, OB and TW. Out of it I feel HHB is best without any tints.
  6. sashank82

sashank82

Gurgaon
    Me got stopped and my R/C impounded in Gurgaon. Challan amount minimum Rs. 1000/-, will have to go to Sec 51 police station, pay the fine and collect my R/c:rolleyes::(

So unlike me, i always sweet-talk and get away (like last week, settled for 100 bucks)....... Could have been easier, but the Gurgaon heat and traffic made me mad and i ended up asking the constable to announce the charge before i get down - The Head Constable/Sgt was okay to settle it for 300 bucks, but the constable was adamant "isko dikhana hai, iska challan to hoga sir".:confused:

This is second sunfilm in 2 years (first in Chennai was 10% visbility, 3M and then in Gurgaon replaced that with 70% visbility film in 2011, 3M again).....
    :(
    So next time, don't let the heat get to you, be nice and you shall have your way!
  7. PranavOne

PranavOne Amatore

Chennai
    Hi All,
    Today I get rid of my sunfilm :( as DIY.

IMAG0600.jpg
    IMAG0601.jpg
    IMAG0607.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  8. I removed the Sunfilm from My Punto on Friday except the Rear Windshield since I was not that confident in DIY'ing the rear with the defoggers. I feel like I shouldnt have done it myself. The windows has got the gum all over. I tried removing it with colin but that couldnt remove even a little of the gum. anybody has got any idea to remove it completely ???

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

Today morning I saw police removing sunfilms from a Scorpio and a Punto under the Porur Lake Bridge.
    Last sunday, after poonamalee, in all the signals I saw police stopping most of the cars that past through the signals, I was lucky since I was on the right most lane.
  9. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Near the new inner ring road from velachery station to meenambakkam , at meenambakkam jn 3 police @ 7.00 AM sat morning were standing and catching cars with tinted glass , they are changing thier way of approach each and every time and catching cars thats for sure.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    which sunfilm was that? was it 3M? i thought 3M sunfilms can be removed easily! I am yet to remove it from my punto! In bangalore 5th june is the last date till now...