1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. Guys ... Heard that in Kerala too they started to fine ppl with dark tints . Saw a news in "mathrubhumi" daily today that in kalpata , they have fined 207 vehicles for this reason .

Ajit
  2. eNVe

eNVe Amatore

Ajit, i removed the sun films today... it was easier... took around 10 mins per window and rear glass... mine was 3M , so came out with ease and no glue left behind...
    Key is to find the edge and i hardly used colin too... finally cleaned all the windows... lost CR70 when i replaced the windshield and lost CS20 now... 13K gone :(
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Mine is still having and passed the cops many times but not stopped, Maybe because its not that Black,
    Make is Garware.
  4. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    new law coming soon,

glares with dark tints are not gonna be allowed any more,you never know there might be some militant or criminal behind the (eye) black/dark tint.
    Last edited: May 26, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. FiatJay

FiatJay

Chennai
    Atlast chennai police shown alternative.

Picture taken today (26 May 2012: 15:29).

Police-171530.jpg
    2 people like this.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    2 people like this.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    What about criminals hiding behind the curtains. It can be used to kill victim if they scream.

Tip: If there is glue left behind just apply little water and rub with newspaper. The glue will go easily.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2012
  8. mnjnth

mnjnth Timido

Bangalore
    2 people like this.
  9. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ramjn: So finally you have removed the sun film. I am still waiting for some more time to see how things go and then take a decision. Btw you car looks great without sun film.
  10. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Was caught at Anna Nagar, Chennai whilst traveling in GTX. Was asked to pay INR 100 as fine for having sun-film on my car, walked up to the senior officer and asked him to check the visibility personally. He had a look and was able to see everything inside and left us go without a single penny. I profusely Thanked and left the scene, So I think Chennai Police are not aggressive and do understand our pain it seems.