1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. yeha Venkat .. It is very easy . Easier than I thought . In this chennai summer , if u start to take the film by 2 PM , hardly it will take 3 - 4 min for a window if it is standard film. For me on one side I think that i got cheated . It was not 3M . So the film left the gum on my window and had to use deo to remove it . Took an hr though .

I wont be taking the rear until they stops me and explicitly asks me to do so . I assume that it is not going to happen. Will wait and watch .

Ajit
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I hate to do this. But, I don't have an option as of now to drive inside the city without any stress. I will be removing the sun film on my car tomorrow because of this idiotic judgement from the SC. I am damn sure that this is not going to sustain beyond 1/2 months. By then, I would definitely install the films again to become a victim of collective scam from the judiciary, govt. and the film manufacturers.
  3. yeah true Ramesh .. By July this rule can get a stay .. I am thinking to go wth curtains , if at all possible ..

Ajit
  4. Today i was stopped by cop beneath Kathipara flyover. I explained cop, my sun film is light, VLT is 70 %, he was not convinced. I pointed his sergeants SUMO and told my sun film is lighter than his, I politely invited him to sit inside and view outside and check with his colleague. He obliged and then let me go.
    2 people like this.
  5. Prabu , Good to know that there are sensible cops too over here .. Honestly I dont think that it is going to work every time :) . may be another day and another place you may not be lucky ... .

Ajit
  6. Ajit,

True, i felt the same. I don't know how many times i will be lucky, but i have decided to try my luck every time :)
  7. Yeah you are correct , that is a wise decision because first time they issue a challan of 100 rs and once we get that we can remove it . :)

My luck is too bad that even if I park my car at home , cops may come to home and give challan . So didnt took any chances .. :)

Ajit
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    curtains are possible (like the ones on linea's rear windshield)
    But getting that done for all sides might be a bit too expensive than actual tints..
    If there is a stay on this issue then there will be no one more foolish than the guys who got it removed(hitting myself now), no one more foolish than SC for blindly releasing a rule.
    lets see
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Nothing more is needed to know that decision of SC is foolish. We already know this. They will prove it again by staying the ban.
  10. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I am surprised to see that there is no one from Hyderabad facing this situation. With the kind of reputation Hyderabad traffic police has, they would jump into action at just a rumour of a new rule is about to get passed.