1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Some comments about the judgement

1. Why they use black. Black means that doesn't pass any light. They have used black in wrong sense. They should have used the term 'coloured'.

2. Look at this "In Afghanistan, Belarus, Nigeria, Uganda and even in Pakistan,use of black films on the vehicle glasses is banned." Why this comparison. Do they want to say that india in this list.

3. "Use of black films is not prevalent in United States of America,United Kingdom, Germany and other countries as well." What foolish statement. These are the countries where people want the sunlight desperately. Also most important think is that the level of UV radiation is very high in those countries where it lies very near to equator. Non of the above mentioned countries are lying near to equator.

4. They have mentioned that they have consulted with police authorities and they have the opinion that road accidents are more happening with dark glass vehicles and removing tints will reducing accidents. Then what about the condition of roads. What about the contractors who loot the government money giving us potholed roads.They are not affecting safety. What about street lights. What about adulteration in fuels.

The whole problem is that the lack of literacy. What I mean is the technical and scientific illiteracy. We doesn't have the confidence to look in to ourselves. For everything we need to look in to west. since western countries are not using we should not use. They are smart. They even make a law so that their citizens doesn't have vitamin D deficiency.
    Please think originally. The only person who taught us to think originally living inside photo frames of government offices.

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

I cannot stop making one more comment about item 4 above. The number of accidents are not due to tints but due to the thousands of cheap cars pumping in to the hands of people without any safety standards and with those huge power which they cannot handle.
    10 people like this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Ridiculous Judgement.

What SC has done with the judgement is that they are trying to enact new law instead of enforcing the law. This will set a very wrong precedence. All these policy decisions should be taken by the Government, not courts. This is the failure of our Governmnet, I would say. They don't act on any issues and courts themself have taken the baton.

More than the sunfilms, Government/court should first make our roads safe to drive. Take actions on Traffic violations. Educate drivers to drive properly.
    2 people like this.
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Great write up sungoa.
    Here is what I was doing till now..
    I've actually drafted a mail directly to the Judge of SC, If TFI (or anyone individually can endorse it, I think we can start a campaign against this unscintific judgement.
    Unlike our Govt body we will not simply say that this is wrong, we will also tell them how a solution can be met w.r.t accidents and other antisocial activities that "THEY ARE SO CONCERNED ABOUT")

if no one is ready to put their name out, (which I can understand) I'm still going to go ahead and mail it across until i get a response.
    It would have a better Impact if we joined hands.
    Please let me know all you're opinions.

(Drafts would need you're Name, Signature, State, city) <-- Pls be ready to provide these details, should you decide to pitch in
    1 person likes this.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    @theblack: Thanks. There are many ways to protest. One can even draft a letter to letters to editor of national newspaper, magazines.
    Let everyone send a mail to the supreme court. May be a 1000 mails will make a effect. Tell your friends at office. Also send a mail to TV channels. They will bring it to public notice. When I asked about it to my colleagues no one doesn't know about this verdict. How come court think that before this order goes to the public they will start implementing it. It is not a war like situation. Think about it, debate about it and then implement step by step. As ramjn pointed out they should enforce the existing law.

Another issue is about environment. At least 3-4 cars out of 10 will have this film. So on friday this much plastic will be going under earth. If they later after public protest again allow, another set of films will be produced. The plastics that already produced will be polluting earth for no reason.
    1 person likes this.
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Such decisions in the past usually took long time to execute.

My Linea does not have any tint and is in OEM state mostly because of some of the comments mentioned above :)
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I would agree.. look at the seat belt issue as an example. I think it was formulated at least 4-5yrs ago and the enforcement (in blr) at least came in full effect only a few months back.
    Let me wait till there is full discussion about this topic from the media and SC.
    As i pointed out there are some ambiguous statements, Let me clarify that first before doing anything.
    Hopefully its not going to be sad weekend ;-)
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    VP, You have saved that money. In my case I spend around 8K for LLumar Air75 diamond series for side and rear window:firey
    When checked today it is very difficult to find out that there is a film. I can finish reading a full novel which kept open inside the car and me standing outside and looking through those glasses. I will prefer to wait for the first fine.
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    +1 in a place where 100Rs note can still do wonders, I'd also prefer to wait.
    (Not that I like to do it, but this is just silly)
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    No worries Sun. I am damn sure that this will not ever be implemented. Who in India implement a court order? Will SC send this judgement note to all state governments? I don't think so. Even if it is done, I don't think any state govt. will be interested in implementing this. I have lots of case studies.

- Some years back, Madras HC made wearing of helmets compulsory for both rider and pillion rider on two Wheeler. Was this ever implemented?
    - Some time back, SC banned smoking on public places. Has this been implemented?
    Last edited: May 2, 2012
    3 people like this.
  10. District Collector's, SP's, Commissioner's vehicles have the darkest tints.... will they follow this order passed by SC?????
    1 person likes this.