1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    sungoa... In india even if 1/4th of the population running the country had a thing called "Brain" , india would truly be a nice place to live..
    I really wish we still had british rule.. If not anything at least they would have done good to us by doing good to themselves...
    Anyway thats over and we are here..
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Yeah,if we still had British rule,we would have become another Honk kong and not this Somalia kind of a nation.
    Sorry for OT

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Another positive of sunfilm ban is that when ever you drive past Kodambakkam,there is always a chance of spotting an Anushka shetty,Hansika motwani,Nayanthara or even a Malika sherawat in their itzy bitzy filmy clothes(or what ever that exists or remains)and if you spot one,post the pictures here and thank the Supreme court!!!
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2012
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    You are kidding. Ain't you?Freedom and freedom of excercising rights is the greatest gift and boon given to us by our freedom frighters.It's us, the people who are responsible for the nuances. Jumu has very nicely put it in his last post above.
  4. What an idea sir-ji...
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Freedom from what?
    These people you see now existed even when british rule was there but they just ************************************************** and kept quiet because the former was more powerful.
    Yes i do agree that we need to have freedom but what is the use of it when there is nothing good coming out of it?

I have facts (as usual)
    1.) British brought in the railways.
    2.) They gave us the postal system
    (I can go on...)

What did we do??
    They laid about 50-60k kms of track during their rule and in the past 60 yrs we have managed about 13k (with great difficulty)
    If you've traveled by train to Mangalore the ghat section railway work was done by the brits for their use and we were so incompetent that we could not even maintain it and it had to be shut down completely until as recently as 2007 when it was reopened.

We talk about freedom and our own rules.. Are we really free to dictate??
    (Japan got bombed and people even today are born with either a limb less or an ear more, or even retarted but look at their progress.....
    perhaps one of the only countries that wasn't affected by the dotcom crash). I know i'm mixing up brits and US folks but the logic is same
    We were ruled by them constitutionally till 1947 we are ruled by them economically now (and hence the rupee fall is so drastic)
    Rs is the worst performer in the Asian markets if you know.

Of course we made our country sad but if we really were patriots and dedicated folks we would be the kings in the world.
    I can continue and continue but the point is freedom at the cost of ill-literate governance is not worth having at all.

PS:You give a kid the keys to the car and freedom to drive, he hits a pole once, he tumbles down into a drain the next time. What do you do? You rob him of that freedom to drive because you feel he's either not worth risking you're car with or he is just too immature ,in either case that kid was not worth giving the freedom.

Sorry for going OT, I wont bother you guys again with responses to this..You just think whether that 1st grade citizenship that you think of is achieved by this freedom

MOD's Note : Refrain from using unparliamentary language/ words even by using $$ etc
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2012
    2 people like this.
  6. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    It amuses me why we should be debating so much on a point where the rule is very clear and universally implemented. The rule simply states that the transparency should be min 70% and it is motoring rule written for safety. All the noise in India is only because some people have got used to the comfort and benefits of this illegal step of sun tints. The noise is also because the law enforcers as usual looked the other way all along instead of nipping it in the bud. Crying hoarse when a law is implemented because it doesnt suit them is not ideal. It is normally said that law will catch up sooner than later,

Then there is another set of people who are very enthusiastic and welcome a law and are very keen to implement it even before the law enforcers are ready with the plan. The case in point i am mentioning is the impending arrival of the High security number plates. I have seen many new gen cars owned by new gen folks who have installed the same even though there is no compulsion by the authorities who are still grey about the whole thing. The only reason for the urge to comply is that the number plates are high tech and look good on the vehicles.

Guys, I could be very wrong but in this forum we are having a free and fair exchange of views and these are entirely my two cents.

Abdul
    1 person likes this.
  7. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Ask this to people who lived thro' that period or may be 1930's & 1940's as to what was it like being ruled & humiliated.

Anyway, this is going far too much OT.
  8. Abdul ,
    With all due respect with what you said .. As a citizen we all should follow the rules . But I am irritated when the citizens are sub divided again for rules .. For Political parties / VIPs there is one rule .. For others there is another rule .

Does these supreme court or any govt who makes / pass these rules have the guts to implement it to all the 100% people ? NO is my answer .. Not going to happen in India atleast for another 100 years .

So there is no surprise when the common people gets irritiated to see that some cars gets special privilage just because they belong to some political party members or because he is a VIP ( GOD knows which all people will come in this category of VIP ) . If tomorrow I give few lakhs of Rs and become a member of any political party and put 100% black tints on my car and do what ever in my car , I am not going to get caught for sure .

Here the person called Kasab who killed these much people is having a luxury life for last 5 years with OUR ( common peoples ) money and the case is running f or last several years .
    And here the same supreme court is banning sun film of black shade since they got a petition from some stupid guy.

BTW I removed my sun films today morning from all 3 doors ( Didnt got time to remove from 4th door .Planning to do it tomorow) cursing this idiotic rule .

On my way to office one police wala asked me to stop the car .. and Once he was convinced that I was not doing any illegal activities inside the car he asked me to proceed .

Ajit
    1 person likes this.
  9. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Cuty red,

When a majority of us lesser mortals who are always subjected to hardship comply with the rules then the violators become a minority and get exposed to public questioning .They will then squirm in their seats to give a justification. It is the same story with red beacon lights. There was a court order and slowly all fell in line. Earlier, even my cousin had a red beacon in his car to put up when required. Such was the misuse. So a bit of optimism would help.

Abdul
  10. eNVe

eNVe Amatore

I am removing mine tomo... going to do DIY...