1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. Ramjn, Have you removed sun films???
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Oh that was a news I hate to hear.
    According to the cop the side films are OK if it has more than 50% visibility . Isn't it? But there is a chance that some other cope will again catch for side films.
    It is better not to get the vehicle registered for many court violation cases so remove all the tints.
    Before that take some more photos. She was looking too good with those tints.
  3. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    I removed my tints yesterday since I found the Chennai cops serious about implementing this, for the past 2 days I have found cops stopping vehicles everyday for the tints near the Kamakshi Hospital Flyover.
    Last edited: May 24, 2012
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am planning to remove the sunfilm on my car this weekend.
  5. The worst news that I am hearing .. I am also removing the side tints tomorrow my own . But will wait to get caught to remove the rear one . Dont want to take chance with defogger .

Ajit
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    I haven't removed them yet, But looks like I'll have to. Anyways these were provided FOC by the dealer when I bought the car and was planning to change them. Will be probably doing a DIY at home during the weekend.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Take some care not to scratch the wire element. if you remove the film slowly with uniform force the defogger is not going to get affected. Afetr removing use some alcohol or paint thinner solution to wipe out the adhesives. Take care of the plastics from the thinner solutions.
  8. Thanks Sungoa .. Yeah looks like that is the only option .

Ajit
  9. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    No. It is not, particularly in the context of the arguments posted

The arguments were.... concession or leniency should be given to car owners on their choice of using sun films or not because some are not comfortable without sun films and they say they do not have any visibility issue driving carefully so as not to infringe safety of others.

Likewise there are thousands of others who asks about leniency on the same token, examples below:

Thousands of TW owners say they are way too comfortable without helmet as they drive very carefully and there is no danger so they should be allowed without helmets.

Thousands of car owners say that drunk driving rule is very harsh. They have to attend to official parties sometimes in the evening and coming in cab or auto is atrociaous. In any case, they say, they do not drink much and drive very slowly and carefully so choice should be given to them to drive under limited influence of alcohol.

Where does it leave us now?

For continuity jumu's post above is very apt.
    Last edited: May 24, 2012
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I think if we discuss the pros and cones of the sun control film it will never end because it has it has advantages and drawbacks.
    The existing rule was powerful if implemented strictly. That was the main point of objection.
    In goa helmet is strict for driver and other person it is not compulsory. Is it correct? Why the rear passenger is not included?
    Why this partial logic? I am against this. make seat belt compulsory for all passengers. How many of our trucks has indicators in working condition.
    Court should have stayed for at least one year. During that period implement existing laws strictly. Study the situation for the necessity for any amendments.