1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Absolutely. At that level, there are many more macro views to be taken into consideration rather than comfort of a couple of degrees temp.

While the ruling seems harsh, but in any case, it will never be UNBEARABLE without sun films.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Adbul Ji, I can agree that helmets should be mandatory. I also always wear helmet while driving the two wheeler even before the SC made it mandatory.

But, the usage of sunfilms should strictly be a choice, rather than being forced to do something. If the SC and Govt. is serious about the safety of car riders, then let them make mandatory of wearing seat belts, all cars should have Airbags+ABS, cancel the license for traffic signal jumping and so on and on and on.

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Amit Ji, No offense meant but, as I said earlier, the usage of sunfilm is entirely a choice of the car owner. You may feel it bearable but for many it is indeed UNBEARABLE. Just because you are comfortable without sunfilm does not warrant that everyone will also be comfortable without that.
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    100% true..
    IF i'm right i think the european folks are thinking of making ESP also mandatory and front and rear airbags as standard

like ramjn said its subjective, no comments on that.
    But i personally know people who have sensitive skin and there are lots like that.. I'm not favoring sunfilms to the core..
    If SC thought black films are not safe then they could have set a VLT level on all tints and made the cops (who stand for money) more genuine in catching offenders.
    Show me a tint manufacturer who is selling tints only with privacy in mind.. YOU WILL NOT FIND EVEN ONE..
    The purpose is just blatantly evident ..
    Forget the Govt officials I dont want to foul my mouth over them(most of them at least).
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    And why is that special concession sought for car owners over TW owners. Helmets are way too uncomfortable than not having sunfilms. If TW owners are forced to wear helmet in scorching heat, why car owners are finding it difficult to digest life without sun films as if its the end of the world.

And just how is it UNBEARABLE without sun films? Does one start sweating with AC on full blower? Does one start feeling sick due to heat with AC on full blower? Does one get nausea with unbearable heat with AC on full blower? Oh, come on...
    Rather to me and many, helmets are unbearable in heat and material comfort. Still I wear it even in our society complex in 2 sq km where there are no cops and where I can very well flaunt it.
    Last edited: May 23, 2012
  5. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Ramjn,

I too wish everything is allowed on personal choice. The fact is our country is spoilt with choice and the leniency towards anything and everything. Urinating on the road side, walking on the carriageway even when pavement is there, jumping signals, overspeeding, rash driving, drunk driving ( even by highly educated who even justify what they are doing is right).Many offences done by literates. do they need to be told about rules?. Adhering to the rules should come automatically thru education.

Yes seat belts should be compulsory. It is compulsory in Kerala. We need Rules, Rules and Rules and implemented rules. Take it from me this country will never move ahead. We just need to visit a place like Dubai to know what discipline is. It is the same our people who do all the nonsense here who abide by rules there. Every one knows what is expected of him and none wants to spoil the party. Even honking is feared.

I too have been driving the Punto, that too an ACTIVE model (no climate control stuff ) for the last three years without suntints and I have crossed three summers and I seriously dont feel that it is Unbearable at anytime.

Abdul
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    There is a difference in two wheeler(TW) and FW(four wheeler)
    In TW wearing a helmet or not wearing a helmet make hell and heaven difference. The choice is life or death. I personally know four incidents of death just beause of not wearing helmet. Bike is strictly for two people. Not for kids. Not at all for infants. Then the question is a TW rider is fully exposed to heat and radiation then why not FW. Yes we can ask the FW rider to wear over coat to protect him from UV radiation, if he want. But do we really want to make the FW suffer because of TW are suffering. No that cannot be the attitude. The correct way should be to provide better public transport felicities, more trees on both side of roads(natural cooling).

Some people are more sensitive to radiation. Some are not. It is not a fault of any body but a matter of fact(scientific fact). Government/judiciary has to protect both without looking in to the bank account of the two.

Now let us see the FW case. Having or not having SC film has very little on safety compared to helmet in TW. It can also add safety through anti reflection/glare films.
    If we consider criminal activity, court order helps some criminals(in terms of targeting their prey) and also disturb them in hiding their activities. A verdict to cure the limitation of implementing another verdict shows the weakness of judiciary. It helps only to loose the faith of public in judiciary.
    Last edited: May 24, 2012
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Agree...

Also comparing a TW and a FW, i feel is ridiculous.
    one migrates from TW to a FW because of feature comforts now if you're taking that away it would sound silly to own a FW, isnt it? :)
    After seeing all the issues in this country and the way they are handled , i cant believe we still believe in judiciary in the first place.
    Anyway this topic has gone too far for my continued interest.. I'm logging out of this one guys..

PS:: I just have one suggestion to all who read and all who make the LAW.
    with power comes misuse of power that is the fact of life. Everyone does it but to what extent is the important question.
    Day in and Day out if we continue to make mistakes (IDIOTIC MISTAKES) like these, a time will come where India will definitely be NOWHERE.

BUT its not up to the "common man" to solve this problem because "common man" is just too "common" in India to be taken seriously.
    The ones we elect as "LEADERS" should have something called a "BRAIN". Unfortunate is the fact that with over 1 billion people we dont have even a few thousands who have that thing which makes ppl think.
    So Long live all of us..
    I"m out of this.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Today, I was caught by the Chennai Cops :(.

I was nearing the Camp Road Juntion at Selaiyur. The traffic cop who was regulating the movement there asked me to proceed. I did the same but caught by another Cop. I told him that I was asked to move by the other cop. He politely told me that I was now caught for the usage of dark tint in my car. They asked my vehicle registration number and entered the same in their device. It gave them all information including the name and address. They collected Rs. 100 as penalty and asked me to remove the dark tint. The cop told me that, there should be 100% visibility on front and back and 50% visibility on sides. They did not tell that I should not use sunfilm at all. They gave me the challan which read "Alteration of transparency of vehicle glass by sun control flim".

Now, if I am caught again, I may need to pay Rs. 300.
    Last edited: May 24, 2012
  9. amitp

amitp Amatore

Pune, Maharashtra
    Hey Guys,

I just requested people to fill a form which will help that person. He is at least planning to take some action rather than just talking about the problem and offering opinions. Films or not should be a personal choice the way I see it. No person goes and buys a car if its not worth the effort. No person gets tints to get into an accident or any kind of trouble or just to play around with the cops (at least the average car owner). People make choices based on what they think will be better for them and not what would be detrimental for them.

I am sharing the link again and sincerely requesting people to fill up the basic data form requested by the person. It will take lesser time than thinking and typing an opinion (with or without quotes) which will just increase posts on this thread and do absolutely nothing to change the state of the SC ruling.

UV Rays - A killer just let loose in India

Cheers!!!

Amit
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Or may be your License will be suspended.

Better remove it.