1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    I use the same route to, any idea if they are stopping people near Vijaynagar bus stand?
  2. No Flywheel , today I came via that route , though in pulic transport. Didnt saw any cops near viajayanagar bus depot .

Ajit
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Today, I heard that cops are in action near the Airport flyover on the GST Road.
  4. How is the situation in pondy ? I will be in Cuddalore and Pondy on June 1nd and 2nd. I think it is better to remove the tints than worrying all the time if the Police would stop me. If the police stops me when my wife and baby are in the car, it is gonna be a stress.
  5. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    Thanks for that update

Agree with this completely. I am not sure if this is already discussed, any idea where I can get this done properly somewhere near velacherry/OMR - I don't want to damage my rear defogger trying to do it myself.
    Last edited: May 22, 2012
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    On holidays last week, I hired an Innova from Delhi. The driver was worried of Chandigarh traffic police because of tints. Finally, on our return journey, near Chandigarh cops stopped him for tints. He had topay Rs. 1,000.
  7. Yes Ramesh . they are catching cars / taxis coming out of air port . The checking was below the flyover .

Ajit
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Chandigarh, Punjab and J&K police have been very strict against sun film even before the Supreme Court's ruling. Chandigarh cops were very strict against the over-speeding too.
  9. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    I always feel that it's better to bear the sun light and heat than the terrorists hiding behind the sunfilm,warm welcome to Supreme courts' order of ban on sunfims.
    I have never installed sunfilms in the last 2 cars we had owned(inspite of repeated requests from drivers),because i like sight seeing!!!!

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

@Srida,Pondy police are very strict about sunfilms,they are stopping all the cars
    In tamilnadu,all the cars with Pondy registration are stopped and a heavy fine is being imposed(I know of some one who paid a fine of 1.25 lakhs for his Innova)
    1 person likes this.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3

Bala, I have different opinion though. Sunfilms need not always be dark tinted. The tint actually doesn't have enough role to play in controlling the heat as such. The films such as CR70 from 3M is a near to clear film but the heat control is brilliant in it. It is sad that SC has banned all sorts of films.

Note:- With CR70 film too you can enjoy very good sight seeing :D.
    Last edited: May 22, 2012
    5 people like this.