1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Good decision. For a long trip start early before the cops wake up.:D
    Removed the tint in my father's Getz in kerala myself. But after that found lot of cars with dark tint in cochin.
    Last edited: May 22, 2012
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    one thing though.. If the SC revokes this order there will be one huge disappointment that SC would have to answer to.
    But as always they wont care
  3. Does he prove these films are worth with a test?Huperoptik folks did show it to me with temperature meter ?
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    It is simple it simply cut the infrared part of spectrum. The colour will come if it blocks the visible part of the spectrum.
    But court had mention that even if it is 100% visible, additional films are not allowed. What a strange rule
  5. FiatJay

FiatJay

Chennai
    Yesterday I caught by cops near velacherry. Just saw my car glass then they allowed me to go. I am using CR 70 in front and CR40 in rest. Since my seat covers are very light color, it creates illusion it seems.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
  6. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

So far no rules have come out in Cochin..
  7. That is good news Jay .. So atleast my windshield got saved .. I am using CS 35 @ side . So that will go for sure ..

In a way good to know that they are not blindly removing all the tints .

Ajit
  8. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I use a CR70 for windshield and CS20 for sides do not know if cops will leave if i am caught but as of now i have grounded by car at my in-laws place in Adyar and use Honda active to commute to my work.
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    i think what we can do is to simply wait it out.. here in blr the deadline is extended to june 5th.
    Also the other thing to note is to let this whole drama die down a bit .. then I will probably go in for tints with max UV protection with 100% transparency or better yet I will go for curtains..
  10. eNVe

eNVe Amatore

I think CS20 will go for toss for sure... i am also running with CS20 on sides and rear... atleast from Chrompet to Cgl strech, i dont see any cops doing a check... that would save me sometime for now.