1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. guys any update from chennai?

Today when I took a taxi from chennai central , that taxi wala said that police is now concentrating on non private vehicles and police caught him 2 times . First time he had to pay 100 rs with challan and 2nd tme he was asked to pay 1000 rs or remove the tints there itself and he ended up removing the tints .

Ajit
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am hearing reports that the cops are into action in Chennai. They have setup teams to fine the violators. Vehicles are caught near Anna Flyover, near Chennai One, near Kamakshi Hospital. I also heard that they are removing the films on the spot.
  3. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Oh Thank God I didn't blow that 5 grand at 3M that I was planning to.
    1 person likes this.
  4. PranavOne

PranavOne Amatore

Chennai
    Hi Ajit,
    Today afternoon I found cops catching cars with sun flims (escpicially own board) in pallavaram duraipakkm radial road (near by Kamachi Hospital)
  5. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I saw some couple of cars being caught at Madhya Kailash junction today morning. On seeing i noticed cops are behind heavily tinted cars:eek:. I am a bit skeptical at the moment not to blow out 5K. Will wait and watch!!!

6. Thanks ramesh / Pranav for this info .. this ( kamatchi hospital) is my daily route to office . So now I am left with just 2options.Leave the car @ office for 2 months and use public transport or remove the sunfilms atleast the one on the doors. I think soon I will follow the later option since keeping the car @ office for 2 months dont look practical at all being a family person . :(

Harry , I think that once the heavily tinted ones becomes unavailable they will start hunting the poor souls ..

Ajit
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Same here, Reported it in TBHP but forgot to update here. Police were flagging down the cars post the Chennai One toll towards the OMR. They were clearly targeting darker tints and cars in front of me got caught whilst I managed to sneak through.

Ajit - Don't rip them off yet man, In all likely hood this is going be another drive like the helmet one. Why don't you take the Vijay Nagar - MGR Road to avoid these guys. I don't think so they would be checking cars during peak hours. I'm going to avoid OMR until this dies down!
  8. Suresh ,
    Problem is that I havto go via airport road to Vijay nagar and there are chances that cops will be there too . I can give an update by tomorrow about this section. And yeah mostly they will be targeting IT guys for sure :)

Ajit
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am planning to ground my car for sometime and go to office in my Honda Aviator :D.
    Last edited: May 21, 2012
  10. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    I just removed the rear tint myself 2 days back & waiting for June 5. If cops start catching then think of side tints.

Mean while I found a dealer who deals with ARMOUR GUARD sunfilm, Range starts from 2k for hatch back cars.

Difference from other manufactures are No color (means no privacy) he claimed 80% visibility, its a full clear tint(Transparent like glass) but couldn't believe the HEAT reduction from it. even this can be used for front glass.

Anyone interested can visit Unity Building(opp LIC, next to Town Hall) J C rd.
    Name: Nithin
    Ph: 08022224446.