1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. PranavOne

PranavOne Amatore

Chennai
    The Court order speaks only about the sun flim, ok I wish to obey the court order,I will remove the sun flim from the car... fine... if I put curtains to all 4 side glasses.. what your law will do?
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Sun film guys are still reeling in the money so three wont be a revoke yet .
    And today or tomorrow this rule will become nation wide
    So Chennai will also have to follow. ..I mean if you don't remove it then you can't go out of state
    So its a pain. ..just remove it
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    One thing which I still don't understand is that the glass can be a tinted but no films on it. What is this logic? Will the honourable SC clarify the logic behind this?
  4. eNVe

eNVe Amatore

I heard that Chennai is imposing the rule from today...
  5. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Source please. Not good news for me if true.
  6. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Times Of INDIA news paper
  7. muni

muni

Bangalore
    Enforcing VLT adherence would become a major issue for the police as most of the vehicles( 90% and above I feel) would not qualify for the VLT specs set by the court and the police will have to stop vehicles and check the VLT percentage ( they would need to sepnd on the devices )which would be time consuming. Dont forget that most of the sunfilms are put assuming the glass to be 100% VLT. The easy way out would be a blanket ban which the supreme court has done.

If the manufacturers can provide the glasses at the maximum permissible limits for their new cars, the current Hue and Cry would have a slow death.

I am okie with the Ban as long as the police ensure that all vehicles follow that in the days to come. I have got my 3M sunfilms removed.
  8. PranavOne

PranavOne Amatore

Chennai
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    What about this news then in the same Times of India :). Contradicting :(.

"Chennai additional commissioner of police (traffic) Sanjay Arora said enforcing the ban may not be a top priority for city police. "The order came because of crimes committed in Delhi. Fortunately, this is not the case in Chennai," he said. "Enforcement will also require extra manpower."

Source - Supreme Court ban on tinted glasses has motorists worried - Times Of India

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

This is bad. But, the funny part is that the news says that tinted glasses are banned :D.

10. Ramesh this is the latest news : Cops set to enforce no-tinted glass rule in Chennai from today - The Times of India

Also Chennai traffic police has updated the same in their facebook an hr ago . So our days started .. http://www.facebook.com/chennaitrafficpolice

Ajit