1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Dont worry as yet.. Let it run its course .. Let the decision be final then we can think about it.
    From the article at least there is still a lot of ambiguity..
  2. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    I have downloaded the PDF version of the order from another forum, but unable to upload it since it exceeds the permissible attachment upload size of 19 kb. However, please find below relevant paras from the order-

# 26. The manufacturer of the vehicle may manufacture the vehicles with tinted glasses which have Visual Light Transmission (VLT) of safety glasses windscreen (front and rear) as 70 per cent VLT and side glasses as 40 per cent VLT, respectively. No black film or any other material can be pasted on the windscreens and side glasses of a vehicle.

# 27. For the reasons afore-stated, we prohibit the use of black films of any VLT percentage or any other material upon the safety glasses, windscreens (front and rear) and side glasses of all vehicles throughout the country.
    Last edited: May 2, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
  4. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    A very lame decision i must say.These people myt be flying first class from state to state and dont know how much pain it causes to the driver and passengers if there are no sunfilms.What about health?? These people need to announce a crackdown on Tints that are for privacy and not for cooling purposes.I just got my car sunfilmed 10days back.Im not gonna get them removed for this lame decision.I care for my car and my family HC and SC.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    You made a very important point.

Get the shopping done at night. Use bike in day time.Wait for some more days till some body bring a a stay order.
    Government should seriously think of passing a order demanding minimum common sense as criteria for filling highly sensitive posts.
  6. It is indeed funny statement by court .. But IMHO , this is not going to work in India and I am not going to remove it from my car .. I cant imagine where these cops stops some big shots cars with this reason .. will be funny though ....

This is a country where poeple still think that car drivers wear seat belt because he is a new learner who drives with a "L" .

Ajit
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Can't imagine Jayalalithaa and Rahul Gandhi travelling in their TATA Safari's with sun films peeled off!
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Democracy is something that has to be showcased and not to be used in India.

The film is also a safety while traveling in higways. People can easily target the occupants. Get the information who is travelling and all. Especially driven by
    women alone. My cousin use to say that while coming from chennai stations some youths in bike had chased them. The atrocities against women in train is becoming a daily incidents. What our courts are doing against it. The courts and police who doesn't know how to give a proper security to it's citizens should first think of basic how to provide basic safety instead of going for these minute details.
    2 people like this.
  9. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Forget about Rahul Gandhi and JayLalitha... Even Cops would not peel the tinted films from their Vans in Gujarat... Its just impossible to survive here in ahmedabad without it...

Neither would they(cops) dare to stop anyone for this reason(tinted films).. coz. abhi vese bhi itni garmee mein sabb ke dimaag itne garam rehte hay...:firey
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2012
  10. SC should concentrate on providing judgement to pending cases and scams than passing these orders in no time.
    3 people like this.