1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN

Well said Sreeraj

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Just witnessed films being peeled off at 3M just next door. If you have patience you can peel it off on your own, but I decided to wait. Decided to keep my hopes positive. Will not use my car for some time and observe the trend. When peeling off the rear glass which has defoggers, just pull it from top down and when you reach where there is a strip, give extra care and do very very slowly.....I spent couple of hours observing the boys closely and talked to the chieftain who showed me the trick. You can use any mirror/glass cleaning solution like Collin to clean the surface once the film is completely peeled off.
    Last edited: May 16, 2012
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    If steam is applied on film removal will be easy. Got this tip from net
  3. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    So from today Chennai police will advice for 2 days and then they Will charge so due to this order now more pollutions ,cfc content because we will keep at min 16 also more petrol consumption think like olden days we have toput towels or that readymade square mesh kind of thing ?
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Vijay, do you have any source for this news? What I have heard earlier is that Chennai cops are not keen in implementing this order.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I don't like to paste any stickers on body of the car. Now I am thinking making a stickers out of the sun film, in case of removal. I can write whatever I want and then remove the remaining portions. Then my window glass and rear glass will carry those stickers. At least the sun film purchased could have some use to me.:(
  6. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    Guys, any has done DIY to remove sun films? seems Bangalore police will go hard from may 19!!
  7. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    As a test I tried to peel sunfilm from driver side window. I kept my vehicle in sun for a long time and made sure that the windows are hot[I got this idea from Net]. I was able to peel of the sunfilm sucessfully without much difficulty. This left some minimal gum as leftover in the window. I am optimistic about wiping the gum marks off with the help of some detergent/diesel. I will try out for the rest of the windows by this weekend.
    I am little bit not sure about the rear window film as it has the defogger.

Regards
    Gopi
  8. arnab122001

arnab122001

Bangalore
    Removing the black films will dazzle your eyes at night because of the people driving at high beams unnecessarily
  9. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    I'm still hoping this order will be quashed...

Surprising that no one has not challenged it yet...:(
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2012
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3