1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Removing will be ok, but be extra careful when you clean-up the residues.
    Last edited: May 15, 2012
  2. Sreeraj

Sreeraj

As a law abiding citizen, I had spent extra money to use films (3M) that ensure compliance to the MVA act on VLT. Such films with high VLT specs are more expensive due to the reason that the films must undergo quality tests for VLT by manufacturer. Suddenly, I have become a criminal and it is the Honorable Supreme Court that I have considered as the savior of my rights that has done this. Where do I go for recourse now? Am I not entitled to some comfort and protect myself at reasonable cost against skin cancer, sun burn etc while travelling? Are Indian's second grade citizens of the world? Will we ban kitchen knives tomorrow since they are used to commit murders? Similarly gas cylinders, aeroplanes (motor vehicles?) , zebra crossings, high rise buildings (people jump off them or get pushed off them), trees (they fall on you), wells (you can push somebody you dont like into a well), bottles (they are used to make petrol bombs) and ofcourse petrol and kerosine, hockey sticks (can be used as clubs to beat somebody to death), karate/ kungfu and the list goes on..... As a sincere citizen, working like any other to improve the living conditions of our great country, I feel let down and sad.
    3 people like this.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Threads Merged.
  4. mnjnth

mnjnth Timido

Bangalore
    will they ban wearing of helmets if someone, somewhere in India rapes wearing a helmet.
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Indians are always 3rd grade citizens (not 2nd grade) in their own country.
    While they are 2nd grade citizens in other countries.

As unfortunate as it is,that's the fact.
    Look at us as an example here. WE have all been simply blaberring about this issue but no one bothered to take it up seriously. Even when i tried to say we can at least send a petition to the commissioner stating the consequences ( I had draft ready) no one came forward to endorse it along with me to make it a big thing.
    Then what is the point of simply writing pages and pages of sorrow stories?

Besides that fact we all know that rules in INDIA are only for people who follow or forced to follow it.
    Its never a rule for anyone who has the "Ability" to go around it.

Take a look at the decision itself.
    1.) SC does not dictate how the plastics should be disposed
    2.) SC does not say that all the officials should set and example by removing tints first ,then the common man should do it
    3.) Cops wont dare to stop a car with the "G" tag on it's number plate, even if he is as low in the order as a corporator
    4.) All those idiotic environmental guys have till now not filed a counter PIL to ask what SC intends to do with all that plastic

I can go on , but no use.
    I'd say "mods close this thread, there is nothing new/ good that is going to come out of it, because we indians are cutting a sorry figure everywhere"
    2 people like this.
  6. I have heard of few judges who have accepted a simple letter addressed to them as PIL by citizens. But not sure of review petition, I am with you let us send letters to them asking for a review, they might consider it.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Latest update for folks in Karnataka..
    According to today's TOI, Tints of any VLT are NOT ALLOWED.
    If the car's glass is internally colored then its acceptable up to the permissible limits.
    Ie, if the glass is colored up to 75% VLT in the front/rear and 50% VLT in the sides then its allowed.
    BUT NO TINTS ON ANY GLASS
  8. mnjnth

mnjnth Timido

Bangalore
    I guess you meant "sunfilms" of any kind is banned. Tints upto 75% and 50% for f/r and sides respectively are legally allowed.
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    right i mean sunfilms are banned totally.
    Tints (a.k.a colored glass) within the limits are allowed
    But that would again mean tinted glass is going to be far expensive to install so no one will bother
  10. Not only that we may not get tinted glass for Punto which can block UV rays by 99% in India. some rich guys can afford to import it from other countries.