1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. eNVe

eNVe Amatore

Hmmm... very sad... not sure how am i going to manage having 3 months old son onboard.
    Havent been into the city for a while now...
  2. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Don't criminals conceal weapons underneath clothes? Transparent clothes anyone? :confused
    1 person likes this.
  3. Nithrath

Nithrath Amatore

Hyderabad
    Any such citings in hyderabad of the insistance of the removal of the tints?
  4. Loki

Loki

Phew ...I saved myself some 7k - Thought i'll install 3M sunfilm on my car but decided to delay and now this. This Avishek Goenka's logic is out of the world. But I think the bunch of Judges at the Supreme Court who came up with this can give him a run for his money when it comes to sheer stupidity.

Few points:
    1. "Dark glasses are OK, but having similar VLT sunfilm in not OK" - this should take the award for most stupid policy of the year / decade.
    2. Having the friendly cops peel off the sunfilm for you is very helpful. Thank you government. Now who are going to dispose off the peeled off sunfilms ? I went to the BDA complex, Indiranagar in Bangalore where peeled sunfilm was all over the place. I know its too much to expect from the traffic cops :( But I think the owners of cars should also have made sure they dispose it in a better way
    3. I read that only people having Z / Z+ level security grade will be allowed to have darker tints. What about Celebrities/ film actors? Good luck with their privacy :)
    4. This is a wonderful pay hike for traffic cops. I think all the Blore traffic cops cant wait for May 19 to arrive - when they can make quick bucks.

For those who still haven't removed their sun films, i'd suggest to wait it out for a little while longer. This is a Stupid Ruling and I'm sure there will be a petition challenging it soon
    Last edited: May 15, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. Punter Punto

Punter Punto Timido

BaNGAlorE
    Hope the so called RULE is applicable for all GOVT VEHICLES (ministers,police etc etc)
  6. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    Incredible India:mad:
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Does anybody know the procedure of counter petition. Do we need an lawyer for that. The laws are so complex that common people will always stay away from it.
    India is a paradise for law breakers. Those who obey it it is a hell. poor people has to suffer the inability of courts to control the law breakers. If government/court want to wipe out the criminals where is the problem? They don't want, nothing else. The judgement is nothing but beating the bush.
    Last edited: May 15, 2012
  8. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    A person called some Goenka filed a Public Interest Litigation for some cause. What he got from it, only he knows, not even God. Now probably some one else can file another PIL for genuine causes. Removal of Sun Control films can cause XYZ problems. XYZ should be genuine. Should make sense. Health concerns like skin allergies, skin cancer etc. Reasons like privacy and jewellery and valuables kept inside a car will not be considered. Consult a lawyer (I bet there will be so many lawyers also who are going to suffer from this thoughtless judgement some are probably members of TFI as well :)) for this anyways.
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes. Since you will be appealing against the verdict of the Supreme Court, you are required to file a review petition to the Bench of the Supreme Court through a senior counsel, whose hourly fee will run into lakhs of rupees!:)
    1 person likes this.
  10. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

i spoke to a traffic police today.. in Cochin..He said so far no such order.. But all this will depend on the mood and pressure from above.

anyways. i have decided to take it off... coz i'm planning to travel to Bangalore and Chennai some time soon..

one question..

Does removing sun films damage the rear defogger???