1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. sungoa2010

Baby skins are more prone to UV radiations. Government should order that all car companies should provide UV resistant films in their cars from now onwards.
    Other possibilities is to put high tax on dark films to discourage people from using it.
  2. Umesh Prasad

Umesh Prasad

I got it removed coz as per new rule imposed no black film of any visibility is allowed. :(
  3. Ferrariscdr

Ferrariscdr Amatore

Supreme court ruling says you can only have tint glasses made from manufacturer with acceptable VLT is 70% front & back/ 50% sides and no additional/aftermarket sunfilm on glasses even it is 70% front /50% side. By default all cars have slight tint upto 35% VLT.

By the way even i got my 3M sunfilm removed today from my car... 4000 loss + 300 removing charges:(
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2012
  4. Hmm,

I am going for even greater loss I paid 13K for HuperOptick RTO approved films with 70/50.I am really cursing that Gokenka guy but Don't know what to ask for for!!
  5. eNVe

eNVe Amatore

@ Chennai folks - Did anyone face any issues with the COP for having the films?
  6. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    This will only result in car companies selling UV-A resistant glasses at a premium price resulting in ultimately the common man having to pay through their nose for a cheap feature that has artificially been made expensive due to the idiotic court rulings.

The Supreme Court is taking us back to the AC/TG era of car's. Remember the 'premium' AC/TG Zen? :A

Road is a public place but my car is my private place. I know this will result in ridiculous arguments like you cannot do in the car what you can in your home but is privacy required only when you want to get intimate with your partner? Even if I am alone in my car I want privacy, I don't want beggar's, eunuch's, pedestrians, biker's and people in cars to keep staring at me. It get's worse when you have a woman sitting next to you. Even when you are not talking to your partner, you still have the frustrated idiots on our roads that shamelessly keep staring at the women. Why is it that our women have to think of the place, time, mode of transport before deciding if they can wear a sleeveless top?! Even if they go in a car they have to put a stol over the top till they reach the safety of their destination. Why? Which world are the courts & the so called honourable judges living in? Court's should not compare India to other countries, we still have a long long way to go before we reach half of the maturity & sense of giving other's their own space as people abroad do. India has it's own peculiar & weird problems and hence we need out of the box solutions for them.

I am all for banning of extremely dark sun films, I had them on my Punto (happened accidently when I installed one extra film over my earlier very light ones) and got them removed voluntarily much before this judgement & installed lighter ones. The funny part is courts have allowed dark sun films for the usual lot of uncouth politician's but penalised legit car owner's who generally install much lighter sun films! Can't illegal activties happen in any politician's car? In Delhi it's mainly those people that happen to know some politician or the other that go around bulldozing people and harassing women. These people will use the loop hole of security risk and get dark sunfilms anyway on their cars and continue to do what they have been doing.

It was a white ambassador with red lights that entered the parliament with terrorists. I never read anything about how sunfilms resulted in cops at parliament gates not being able to recognise the terrorists! I am sure Rajiv Gandhi went to Sriperumbadur in a car with dark sunfilms. Nalini didn't. Why didn't the cops foil that attack? Kasab did not enter Mumbai in a car with dark sunfilms & why not ban helmets as well. After all, a terrorist could shoot some hot shot politician on a bike wearing helmet couldn't he? Or worse, since sunfilms are banned for women's security, someone on a bike with helmet could throw acid on some woman to take revenge. Haven't we had many such acid attack cases already?

Banning stuff is the easy way out and our government's have always taken the easy way out, sad that courts have started doing the same thing. The way out to solve the problem of women's security is better policing & sensitizing the idiotic men of this country towards women. The first part is the government's responsiblity while the second is a cultural problem which has to be tackled by ordinary people like us, we have to teach our children, specially boys, to respect women more.
    Last edited: May 14, 2012
    7 people like this.
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Nope, Nothing as of yet. Nearly 99% cars in Chennai runs with tints and I don't think they would start doing in this peak summer.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Not in Chennai. But, the cops in Puducherry are active in penalizing the cars with films.
  9. Why would the cops not do this when it is a source of money for them?
  10. sungoa2010

Delhi is near to supreme court. Delhi authorities are much more over enthusiastic like a kid telling his teacher: "I did the class work first". After some time this will also become a old story. After some time court will again make a rule saying that all cars should not have a roof. One cannot use helmet, but the rear person can hold a umbrella.That is the ultimate safety. Why sun control film ? People should use sun glass. Apply some UV protection cream on whole body. :evilsmile
    1 person likes this.