1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. Last edited: May 10, 2012
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Very informative articles. Court should have at least allowed the rear side glasses to use protection film, since the kids sit on rear left seat. If any one of us are members of any other non auto forum please make people aware of this, especially kids health and parenting forum. Let protest come from all sides.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Special drive to remove sun films in Bangalore

Special drive to remove sun films in Bangalore
    Source - Special drive to remove sun films - South India - Bangalore - ibnlive
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    What are the precautions to be taken to remove the film from rear glass with defogger. I think we can cut the film by leaving 3-4 mm space for the wires. Otherwise it may give problems to defogger. I have read an article in Team BHP where the i20 owner had to replace the glass. The problem arise after removing the stickers that pasted on rear window.
    Please keep a blade and a a metallic or wooden scale on the car so that we can remove the stickers in case police force us to remove. If not done carefully it can damage the glass.
  5. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Can anyone update the situation in Kerala? I am planning to drive down this weekend. As the Last date for removal of tints in Karnataka is 19th, i am planning to get back to bangalore and peel them off.

And yes, i am also concerned about the defogger wires.
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

For Delhi & NCR, there is no issue what so ever. I have been roaming Noida, Gurgaon & Delhi since a week now & cops don't seem to pay any attention. People also haven't removed any sunfilms so far. All the vehicles are seen with sunfilms:mrgreen:
    Last edited: May 10, 2012
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    As silly as the decision is.. I think i will wait to get caught.
    Because always the cops have something to say ...
    I think my front tints are within the limit but not sure..
    So if i do get caught, Where else can i get my tints checked for 100 rs? ;)
    worth the wait
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Enki, The cops can't spot the number plate, since you drive fast.:) Fiat cars have maximum chance to get noticed, even though less in number.
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Lol Sun..!!
    They don't know where to go with their Gypsies/Qualis.
    They completely turn their face otherside pretending like they haven't seen anything:mrgreen:.
    Since it's HR numberplate, it's of no use to Delhi/NCR police. My town is exactly at boundary line of Delhi & Haryana. Adjacent shops have different address, one of delhi & other one of haryana:mrgreen:.

Luck always didn't favor & once, I was caught at a speed gun. I stopped because Speed vigilance team use to work in groups with few more cops stationed some 1-2 kms away in case some tries to flee. When the cop was filling speed in the form & he almost fell of his bike. It was 176 km/hr:D. I immediately paid Rs 400 & got hell out of there.

For Sun-films one is likely to be caught sleeping at a red light where Mamu's always hide in very cunning way like Jackals waiting for lambs:A
  10. Last edited: May 10, 2012