1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. jovi2403

jovi2403 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I am just wondering, even if the car owner(s) shows the tint specs which is there in the bill, will the cops accept and let the owner free, if it is within the limits?:confused: I hope NO, they even wont understand the specs if anyone tries to explain or get clarified from them, atleast. And for sure this is gonna be a new ground for them to grab money from us. So blindly they ll stop the vehicles which has got tints.:(
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Go to the shop from where you got it installed. Ask him to give a certificate mentioning the visibility. Get a rubber stamp if possible.
  3. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    Rather than whining here, why cant we go out and protest? Real time scenario !!! There is no point in discussing this matter here in this forum cos no one other than TFI members see this. This rule is utter nonsense and should be thrashed.
  4. pammuluvcars , we both were fooled by Govt or it's rules to go for 70/50 % VLT , may be should should have given damn to the rule gone with cheap black ones so that there wouldn't have been any heart burn while removing them.
    I am planning to use two wheeler for few days to see how it goes.

-Sat
  5. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    SC's KOLAVERI No man on this earth is gonna get what they deserve in this life if there is a SC of this kind in the country. A rule passed to safe guard vested interests of some influential people. CRAP. Afghanisthan would be a more peaceful place to live in than India.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Latest news is that the Bangalore traffic Police will be setting up consultation camps at various places in Bangalore starting from 10th of May, I would suggest that we get it checked before peeling it off. My GP has 3M tints on the front windshield as well so the chances of my car coming with the sunfilms intact are low. :sad1
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
  8. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    SC's verdict says 70% VLT on windscreens and 50% for windows are allowed, but only if it comes as a tint on the glass by the manufacturer but not by any film that is applied on the surface of the glass. So if your car's glass tint is not by manufacturer, then it should be removed. :( Freak.....Stop voting and bring this govt down. show the power of the public. They cant just go ahead and slap any rule on the common man as and when their whims n fancies gets pregnant with stupid ideas.
  9. gaur4v

gaur4v

Chandigarh
    True lol :lol:
  10. There are so many motor laws in this country being broken every day does SC take notice and act on it? this exercise will go on for few week and all will die down.
    only looser will be public due to being wasted their hard earned money.
    1 person likes this.