1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Saw so many Police Gypsys, Qualis and Govt. cars with Jet Black tints in Delhi........
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I am not very happy with the way TV channels handled the issue. It was a potential topic for hot discussions and apart from the topic itself it needs to be discussed to find the draw backs of our judiciary system. Some section of people will try to associate films as luxury and don't have the sense to see the safety issue in it.
  3. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Anything in Mumbai?? Haven't seen anything coming this side for now.Hope it doesnt *fingers crossed*
  4. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    Mine is 70% on windshield and 50% on windows. So that means I dont have to remove them. Right?
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You have to remove.
    Any film on factory fitted glass needs to be removed.

The 70%/50% visibility is only for car manufacturers to put in car.
    Last edited: May 8, 2012
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Ok great...
    Bangaloreans , welcome to hell "AGAIN".
    I just read TOI article that may 19th is the last date for all of us to stop crying foul and start implementing silly decisions...
    70%/50% is the rule.

I think now we should start a new thread and get some solace in figuring out which tints can be used .
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Can you provide the link
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Have tinted glass? Pay fine from May 19 - The Times of India

Here you go :(

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

To add to my miseries.. Till date I kept my tint recepits that gave me the film model number..
    Today i go and check in the dashboard and its not there, I could have at least checked if mine was under the limits..
    DAMN DAMN..
    Any idea how i can get it checked?
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I was just thinking about removing a big circular potion of the film so that our great law keepers can verify that we are not terrorists or robbers. So the purpose of order is satisfied and the remaining portion will save us from heat.
    And the hollow portion also represent the creator's brain :D

We can also think of many designs about how to remove a portion of the film. In case of a charging, we will calculate the percentage of the existing film and pay only that. ;)
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    sungoa, no dude.. i think we should just let this go and move on.
    The saddest part here is we dont have any docs about the so called "accidents" that have or have not happened because of tints.
    we dont have docs about the rapes that have or have not occurred due to tints.
    For us now, its just a shot in the dark, but that moron who filed this complaint .. arrrrrrgh i just want to find him