1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    1 person likes this.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

That's a very retrograde step.

What the SC could've done is stricter punishment for "cool-dudes" sporting 0% visibility tints. Impound their cars.

It's just like a guillotine solution. Kill off every sunfilm application so that the question of whom to punish and whom to spare does not arise and the work of the enforcement agencies becomes easier.

70% and 50% visibility films are already like see-through films. :confused

Let's see for how long the heat of the SC order stays.
  3. sungoa2010

There is a saying in Malayalam "Eliye kollan illan chuduka" mean to kill a rat burn the entire house.
    What the court order reflect is the same. Justice has to come ultimately from human brains which are subjective of limitation.
    What make this a immature order is the speed of implementation. Give a time for public debate. Make the existing rule getting implemented strictly.
    Are we seeing the autocracy in different form?

What about the public health. Does supreme court want the harmful UV rays susceptible to skin cancers. Why didn't they think of this point of view?
    Do they think that sun control films are only for fancy show?

---------- Post added at 07:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 AM ----------

If any one find the link to original order(not the newspaper version) please post it here.
    3 people like this.
  4. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

I am planning an installation this weekend. Guess I will wait it out. The 3M guys in Chennai are so ignorant and have no clue what is happening in India. They keep on insisting that their CS35 is a legally allowed film.
  5. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

:A :uhOoops... Just got another layer of tinted film applied over the previous one day before yesterday to fight against :firey43+ degree Celsius in Ahmedabad in summers:firey... Even by thinking about this judgement, I am horrified... I want honorable Judge of the Supreme Court who passed this judgement to commute in Gujarat in Summer noons without Tinted Films:car...
    I am sure he will pass out the judgement to make Tinted Films with Max heat rejection compulsory for Life Time... :D
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

I dont know if we live in a democratic country or not.. I think its capitalist ..
    What nonsense is this?

Also there are some key points to be noted in that TOI printout are these..
    [1] does the court mean that I can use Black tints if it's given by FIAT or Maruthi when i bought the car?
    If that be the case everyone will go to them (in a while) and get the tints done anyway, so the issue persists..

[2] "BLACK FILMS" ??, ok i will go for single pane reflective tints, the kind where outsiders can only see the reflection while I can see through it.
    This is even worse.
    I wonder what is happened to the "Food for thought" phrase.. looks like everyone is eating something they shouldn't be.
  7. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

According to the article, any kind of Tint even if it is RTA approved is not allowed unless it is provided by the vehicle manufacturer. What a Dumb decision. :chair: .....Though tints provide some privacy, but the purpose is keeping the heat away and avoid UV/IR rays.
    And I was thinking about getting Sun films on my Car soon. :A

BTW :eek:fftopic probably Maruti might add tints to the Dezire and make it the 151st feature of the car and make an ad about it.
    2 people like this.
  8. clash81

clash81 Regolare

so how to remove the tints?
  9. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

I swear... Lol... :lol
    1 person likes this.
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    If any of us is planning to peel of the films on the rear windscreen on our own, take due care of the defogger wiring/lines. There is high possibility of them getting damaged during film removal.
    3 people like this.