1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FROM FIGO TO LINEA CLASSIC 1.3MJD.

Discussion in 'Linea Classic 1.3 MJD' started by wasim akram, Dec 7, 2015.

1. wasim akram

wasim akram Timido

JAMMU KASHMIR
    JAMMU
    Linea Classic
    Hi Every one,

This is the first time I'm blogging on any forum and luckily it is something related to my car. I'm 30 and I have been driving since I was 16. That time there were not many choices as we have now.But it was in 2011 when i purchased New FORD FIGO 1.2 EXI that I came to know about the handling and ride quality kind of stuff. Rest of the world was obsessed with the face lifted SWIFT but I was happy with my low profiled FIGO because of its stability and handling on the CURVES. Now it was 2015 and was done with FIGO. But needed something which gives me the same handling but with soft ride and good clearance which were lacking in FIGO. Meanwhile I took some test drives.

Among them were

1. DZIRE - good ride, not very stable, no good handler, cramped rear, lack of boot

2. AMAZE - average ride, good handling, hard clutch, noisy diesel motor, didn't like the dashboard, good boot space, but fell in love the way its I-DTEC engine pulls

3. FIESTA CLASSIC - good handler,ride quality far better than FIGO, rear seats average, TCDI pulls well

4. SWIFT - cramped, claustrophobic, good dashboard, less boots pace, good features in VDI, but didn't like the ride and handling.

5. LINEA CLASSIC 1.3 MJD - The ride quality was exactly what I was looking for. Handling was also good in spite of having 185mm of ground clearance. That was the moment when I decided that this is it. Finally convinced family and specially Dad who didn't liked it when I showed him an image of Linea on my phone. But when I took him to the showroom he fell in love with the looks, boot space, rear couch like seat and the stance of the car. Finally After a day on 29 August 2015 TUSCAN WINE LINEA CLASSIC 1.3 MJD became part of our family.

MOD Note : Please avoid typing in BOLD unless appropriate. Kindly use proper punctuation and avoid sms lingo. Thanks
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2016
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Welcome to TFI @wasim akram !
    Hearty congratulations for the Classic. Please post few pics of your new ride and let us drool too.

I would request you to avoid writing the complete text in bold. It hinders readability. :)

Happy Driving!
  3. wasim akram

wasim akram Timido

JAMMU KASHMIR
    JAMMU
    Linea Classic
    Thanks a lot for the well come and in future I'll post some pics of my CLASSIC beauty and also will take care of not writing in bolds.
    Murphy_Fiat and pabhishek like this.
  4. hydrofuel

hydrofuel Timido

mumbai
    Congratulations wasim akram. Upgrading feom Figo it was obvious to go for fiesta classic or punto/linea. And IMO tuscan wine is the best colour in flesh on linea whatever i have seen. I have not seen that brown/color in flesh though. Puntos with grey also look really very good. But red in punto not that great. Palios with formula red look better. Even Polo/fabia red is very good. You wanted better ride then it was obvious Linea's territory.

Any reason you did not consider volkswagen group?
    Pictures please!
  5. wasim akram

wasim akram Timido

JAMMU KASHMIR
    JAMMU
    Linea Classic
    Well the reason being price(VENTO TDI starts at 9.30lacs) and cost of service,spares of VW.Otherwise I like vento also but heard of lineaz ride and handling so there I go.Also I fetch good discount on classic around. 1.25lacs including insurance as it was from 2014 stock.Well thanks for appreciating my choice for color.Ur are among few including my family who liked it much.Rest of the world is obsessed with white so I'm always asked why not white?.well I have seen grey Linea(old) as well as (new) and both of them looks classy in grey ,new linea has an edge here as it looks outstanding in Grey with mat silver alloys.
  6. Fiat fan Yuva

Fiat fan Yuva Novizio

Chennai
    Linea Classic
    Congratulations Wasim akram
    Enjoy your ride and keep us updated.
  7. wasim akram

wasim akram Timido

JAMMU KASHMIR
    JAMMU
    Linea Classic
    well almost one year with my linea classic. done 17000kms.drove her on all kind of roads.now let me tell you what I like and what I don't.what I like was the ground clearance while driving on bad roads and rough patches.also I like the soft ride over rough roads.another part was the handling while taking corners.....car did it so well with almost no body roll,so u love to put her again and again into the corners.Braking yes....it deserves a good mention here.mine is classic base without abs and ebd but still it bites so well that u won't feel driving a non abs sedan.boot space is tooo good.now let me come to the dislikings first and the most .the turbo lag damn it.I'm now fed up of gear changing and struggling to keep sedan in motion on hilly terrains.being honest sometimes it irritates a lot,specially after driving 1200 cc TDI polo with 3 pot motor .I'm amazed mjd has 4 pots has same cc and higher bhps still turbolag.I don't need it any more god save me from that waiting for turbo to hit and spool in.I don't know what to write further as only one drawback overshadows all the niceties and strong factors of my linea classic.I hope that my views don't hurt the sentiments of fiatians if it does I need an apology here but guys truth is truth.Last but not the least.kitna deti hai.well on highways I got 20 to 24 kmpl,on hilly steeps 12.5 kmpl. Highways and hilly mixed up 20kmpl approx.happy with mileage.I think I should end up it all now.
    PradeepM and prabhjot like this.
  8. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @ Wasim Akram, no second thoughts about the lag in the classic with a different time than the regular Linea. I am sure there is nothing to get offended here .
    Just a small correction the polo and the Linea classic deliver almost 75 BHP from their 1.2 & 1.3 engines, the weight and the gear ratios on the Linea make drive different or rather slog more and hence the noticeable frustration.
    Any plans for a remap.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.

Sent from my Lenovo A6000 using Tapatalk
  9. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @wasim akram, no second thoughts about the lag in the classic with a different tune than the regular Linea. I am sure there is nothing to get offended here .
    Just a small correction the polo and the Linea classic deliver almost 75 BHP from their 1.2 & 1.3 engines, the weight and the gear ratios on the Linea make drive different or rather slog more and hence the noticeable frustration.
    Any plans for a remap.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    wasim akram likes this.
  10. wasim akram

wasim akram Timido

JAMMU KASHMIR
    JAMMU
    Linea Classic
    Well I live in Jammu nobody here offers remapping of ecu and also my linea is one year old still have 2 yrs left in warranty.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 6, 2016 ---
    Im also not aware of brands and the safety after installing the remapping unit..
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2016