1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

From Fiesta 1.4D to The Linea 1.3D

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by adisrini1103, Dec 22, 2015.

1. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    Short Introduction about myself
    I am Aditya Srinivas from Coimbatore, Fresher (aerospace engg), working in KPIT (automotive) Bangalore.

Since I grew up both in my and my uncle's house
    (50/50) they are pretty much like my parents too (I'm mentioning this because I may post another review for a Punto as well, if all goes well.)

This thread is about our buying and ownership experience about our new 1.3 MJD linea brought by my uncle.

My uncle is a person who loves to drive, he will drive all day in his fiesta and enjoys every moment.

It has been 8 years of fiesta ownership with zero or minor niggles.
    and the fiesta started to show its age. but the fiesta can happily cruise @ 140 kmph without breaking a sweat and still give a mileage of 21 on our Bangalore trips.

My uncle had his eye on the DUSTER last year and he pretty much finalized it.

Then an year passed and I didn't know what went through him , he came to duster or sedan and said you cannot get a sedans comfort in an SUV.

And he was planning for a city IDtec coz his friend has one and seemed to be feature loaded.
    Since it is honda he felt that it will be good to drive and still return a good FE.

here is where I come in.
    I love fiat since i was little. starting from Punto in NFS MW , till everything.

So whenever there is a Fiatian in the family what happens?
    you make them buy a fiat.

I told him u get fatter tyres than honda city, stalk controls are the same as fiesta, you get cruise control for 11.5L
    VW are expensive and hondas are no more like what you think, such stuffs.
    he doubted the service and i told Fiat's are no more with TATA's they are better now.(well Fiat proved me wrong here later). my uncle did some research and felt that service is okay.

Then we went for a TD @ CAI fiat, Coimbatore. Mr. Anand was our Sales Executive - very courteous and had good knowledge about the cars they sell.
    My uncle loved the solid build quaity. During the TD he opened the doors and the boot and looked at me and said "Done" even before the TD.

We did the TD and the linea was a Right Puller. he felt everything including the AC was pretty good.
    went over rough patches and on speed breakers (our fiesta would be scraping over all these, linea was gliding), loved the ride.
    He loved the elegant styling of the exteriors and interiors.

after a few days we asked for one more TD at home to get the green flag from my mom (aunt - i call her mom).She loved the space and the cabin's premium'ness'.
    Me and Mom asked for the Magnesio grey but uncle stood firm on white as white would look premium. Yes, green signal given.

Now we have to sell the Fiesta, the fiat people couldnt give a decent price for the fiesta so we went for OLX, met a guy sold our 8 year companion for 3.10 lakhs. I still miss that fiesta.

CAI quoted somewhere around 12.45 onroad (forgot the exact) and with discounts and bonuses we got around 11.35 total price including bumper to bumper insurance.
    Paid the amount with a little bit of loan which got approved in 3 days and delivery we scheduled in 10 days on 2nd December.

We went for PDI on 28th Nov, saturday , Nothing to say, things were perfect.
    They promised free floor mats and mud flaps,which they said will be fixed before delivery.

On 30th, Monday , Did the pooja and left for registration formalities.

They couldn't deliver on 2nd evening but delivered to our doorstep on 3rd morning 9AM.
    Then we noticed the Flap dangling loose, uncle went there and got it done, Being a perfectionist, he showed a bit of emotion there.
    from 30th,Nov monday I was in bangalore so couldnt take pictures.

4th,Dec Friday, I brought the linea to Bangalore to show it to my sister.
    UNFORTUNATE CIRCUMSTANCES, on the way My uncle stopped for a lorry, two cars before, who suddely turned left. an Innova rammed from behind at good speeds, Banged and deformed the bumper completely and dented the bootlid

<The innova had the extra bumper kit which bent and damaged his bonnet too - FIAT in action>

And He came all the way with a deformed bumper, i went to see it @ my sisters house, felt so sad, couldn't bear to see a beautiful rear damaged beyond repair. - hence didnt take pictures too.

They went back to Coimbatore on 8th and since then the car is there @ CAI fiat , they said they would get the parts in 4 days but 13 days No news, I raised a complaint to fiat India and still no clear information of the part being shipped (the whole bumper was ordered on 8th (same)day itself) a guy called and apologised from pune, and the dealer arranged a punto 1.2 last wednedsay as a spare car. I went to CAI last saturday and enquired about when we would get the parts to CAI and when they would deliver, They said that parts are not yet shipped.

Already my uncle was bashing at me because he mentioned that service is not good, fiat proved this time - bumper is the most common part to get damaged and they didn't have that??,
    My neighbor changed his bumper in 2 says (1 month old swift)

Dealer and fiat not giving me solid answer , uncle pissing off at me all pissed me off.

So on Saturday Sent a mail to Mr.Mangesh (wish I didn't do that - he is a Head and he should'nt be called for such petty issues - but 5 days old car not having parts made us mad also we need to come to farther Bangalore for a ceremony this Sunday with a weird sounding punto 1.2 , i hope people understand why i sent a mail to Mr Mangesh)

CAI said that they got the parts today and they will deliver by today/tomorrow.
    and we are getting a spoiler and painting it with exotica red along with painting the wing mirrors at a discounted price for their delay. spoiler was the part of my future plan

Apologies to Mr. Mangesh for my hurry , but still to one gave a clear answer or a date when we would reciever the car).

I will be leaving to CBE tomorrow night, Will treat you guys with pictures - pictures along with red spoiler...(i cant wait).

Buying experience : 4/5
    Service center experience : 3.5/5 (people were professional and kind but was not stocked with body parts and bewildered)
    Fiat Customer support : 2/5 (no clear answer)

Mangesh : I'm sorry i involved a Head of CRM in this petty issue (1/5 for myself)

There is too much of communication gap Between Customer-Service-Fiat HQ
    They need to sort this out first
    may be launch an App for customers - to track the status of service and status of order of parts

Queries:
    >> On the trip to bangalore my uncle said that the pick-up is so bad in 90-130 kmph that the car struggles a lot. Our fiesta with 67 BHP even after 8 years can do that hands down with just little tap on the accelerator pedal why is this struggling with 90 horses on tap?

>>It just shows a mileage of 14.6 why??

>> and he feels the seats are firm, both my uncle and mom feel uncomfortable when travelling. and there is back sweating, fiesta also had leather seats but never felt the sweat.

That's it for now, will be back with pictures.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 22, 2015, Original Post Date: Dec 22, 2015 ---
    How do you edit this post for the second time?? (i have already edited once... i just wanted to categorize)
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
    Ravi, Murphy_Fiat and prabhjot like this.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Hi.

Tell your Uncle to get to know the car and its engine+gearing characteristics a bit more. Only then will he overcome the misapprehensions about 90 to 120 acceleration, mileage etc. He has to gear shift at the right revs else he is bound to miss out on the mjd's strengths, which is precisely in the in-gear mid-range pickup at higher speeds. Also the engine is built 'tight' with built-in heavy-redundacies: that is why it ONLY fully-opens up after several thousand of kms, that is why the engine is so reliable and durable as also MOD-able.

Also, slightly firm, not sofasoft seating is actually BETTER not worse, especially on longer trips. The best car seats in the world are on Volvo-s. A close relative has one. The slight-firmness in their seats, also on Merc-s, is there for a good reason, the same one as it is also there on the indian Fiats' seats, which are (rear bench on my Linea): 90+% as comfy across all roads and speeds etc as the Volvo's. In fact more in a way (eg, for older folks) because the ergonomics of entry and egress is fantastic (high GC, high-enough seats).

ciao

PS: Poor Mangesh! ;-)
    adisrini1103 likes this.
  3. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    Here comes the pictures
    Let's Start with ... Ganesha idol from CAI, Coimbatore
    IMG_20151226_163947.jpg

On the way to Bangalore on 26 Dec. IMG_20151226_130007.jpg
    Notice the Red mirrors and spoiler, did them at a discounted rate of 8k from CAI because of the delay in bumper replacement

IMG_20151226_130014.jpg
    Back quarter
    IMG_20151226_130032.jpg IMG_20151226_163841.jpg

Less mileage coz of the new engine?? IMG_20151226_163903.jpg IMG_20151226_163910.jpg IMG_20151226_163917.jpg IMG_20151226_164052.jpg IMG_20151226_164113.jpg IMG_20151226_164317.jpg

sad, this happened when the car was just 2 days old, Damn Innova driver IMG-20151205-WA0003.jpg

So guys comments about the Red paintjob??...

BTW, @prabhjot my uncle has a habit of shifting gears in high revs, I told him still, and also to wait for 5k so that the engine opens up as u said.
    we got a mileage of 15.6 kmpl in our return, we tried Cruise control occasionaly.

Cheers,
    Aditya
    bharath, pabhishek, Saji Babu and 2 others like this.
  4. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
    prabhjot and adisrini1103 like this.
  5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    @adisrini1103 the red paint job is looking awesome! its commonly seen on punto , but on linea, its quite novel!

Congrats for linea as well! :)
    adisrini1103 likes this.
  6. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    Thank you Abishek...:happy:
  7. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Paint job looks awesome.
    Reg mileage, did you reset the trip meter?
    What speed the cruise control was set to? How much mileage did it return.
  8. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    thanks, @limraj .
    Cruise control @90 kmph for some good time.
    Average speed was 64 kmph.
    what is the mileage you get when you do a 5 hr 30 min journey with almost an hour of 120+ and rest around 80?

parents are doing a trip tomorrow, will update since the engine should've been partially set by now.
  9. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Be sure to reset the trip meter before they start..

And in Kerala, roads does not permit to hold on to high speeds. 3 digits are mostly achieved in bursts where there is no traffic and no speed traps. See the average speed below.
    Last week I did a trip for about 188 kms in the evening (started at 7:45pm, towards trivandrum from cochin). I got 27.3 km/l.
    upload_2016-1-11_22-45-39.png
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2016
    adisrini1103 likes this.
  10. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Forgot to put the mileage screen.

27.3_2.png
    adisrini1103 likes this.