1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

From Bong-land !!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by red_devil, Oct 10, 2014.

1. red_devil

red_devil Timido

Kolkata
    Linea 1.3
    I have been a silent reader of this forum for quite a long time. Finally decided to introduce myself over here. As you can probably guess from the title, I am from Kolkata. I am a student of architecture, studying in IIEST Shibpur.
    My current rides are a 2008 Hyundai i10 1.2, a 2010 Fiat Linea 1.3 and a 2007 Mitsubishi Cedia (pre-owned). It was love at first sight on seeing the Linea. Back then, the only other diesel option being the Hyundai Verna also helped to convince dad to own this beauty. The i10 was the sensible buy. The Linea too made sense, given that the Verna had been there for too long and was due replacement. But with the Cedia it was totally the heart. The fact that it had rock bottom resale value also helped. :D

DSC00213.JPG
    DSC00212.JPG
    DSC00211.JPG

Sadly as I write this, we already have a buyer and the Cedia is going to leave us in a day or two.
    Which brings me back to the Linea.
    So far it has been a great 4 years of ownership. The build quality, ride and handling are still amiss in cars of today. Surely it has had it's fair share of niggles and it's pace is okay in today's standards but given the head turner it still is, I can compromise. :p
    It feels great to see so many Fiat enthusiasts in one place. A forum like this helps further strengthen my faith in the Fiat brand.
    Looking forward to meeting fellow Fiat owners. I feel there should be more activity in Kolkata. :)

IMG-20140817-WA0001.jpg
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Great to see your cars, and Linea along with those.
    Since you have Linea for long time, write a good ownership should help others. Take out sometime and create a thread in Ownership section.
    Though there are few members, but taking a lead and organizing a meet or event is required for more activity. Hope to see some activity soon in Kolkata.
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Since you are from kolkata, how are managing the car maintenance over time. There were some strong words posted by few members in this forum against FIAT presence in kolkata. Perhaps your guidance/help could help those to tone down and spread less about FIAT till FIAT makes a strong hold on the eastern front.
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. red_devil

red_devil Timido

Kolkata
    Linea 1.3
    During the tie-up with Tata, servicing was really a pain, mostly due to the work ethics of the Tata service centers. We exchanged our Indigo for the Linea. So I was aware of what I was getting myself (and my dad) into. Luckily, after the partnership ended, the sole Fiat service center in the city was within 500 meters of my home. Unfortunately, the service center, Garodia Fiat, was a previous Tata service outlet and their quality was as expected, disappointing. But I have to admit that with time the service center improved it's quality of workmanship and customer relations.
    Case in point, the remote key stopped working after 2 years. On the previous visits, I would always ask the SA to fix the key. Nobody could. Once I was even suggested to change the fob which costs a whopping Rs. 6000. However, last week when I sent the car for the yearly service, I noticed a change of the staff members. As always I requested the SA to fix the key. When I came to pick up the car I was surprised that he had not only fixed the remote but also changed two bulbs in both the tail lamps which I had forgotten to point out during the inspection. The cost of servicing has increased a bit during these years but I was really happy with the change in attitude of the staff.
    VIJENDRA SINGH likes this.