1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Frequent AC cutoff in Punto 1.2. Share you experience.

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by nitinkumardba, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Good cooling is achieved only in higher rpms. While in city and under 2000 rpms the cooling is slow.

When you take the car out of parking, the inside temp is already low. The sension inside the cooling coil gets cooled quickly and sends the signal to the compressor to cut off.

When in sun and the air flowing over the coil and sensor the threshold value of the sensor is not met quickly and the cut off occurs late.

This also depends on blower speed. On low blower speed cut off occurs quicker than that on high blower speeds.
    1 person likes this.
  2. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Thanks Guys.

But above described process is not effeciently working in my car as explained. I've open parking, and when I switch ON the AC, it starts tripping very frequently like every 10 seconds even when the temprature of cooling coil is high. This is abnormal behaviour.

Actions takes so far:

1- Gas refilled - 3 Times.
    2- Condensor cleaning and flushing.
    3- Cooling coil replaced.

Still the problem remains same as it was earlier. I've given my car back to Kashyap. May be there is some issue with Thermostat. This is what I am thinking as of now.

I am still looking some actual feedback from 1.2 owners.
  3. puntophile

puntophile Amatore

Indirapuram NCR
    Nitin ji, kindly check if the radiator fan is able to rotate at high speed also. In extreme ambient temperature, the AC needs the radiator fan run at high speed mode. If not, proper heat exchange does not happen and it cuts off. As you drive, the flowing air naturally cools the condenser and cut in period increases.
  4. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Radiator fan is working fine. Below actions are taken so far:
    1- Cooling coil replaced.
    2- AC Thermostat replaced.
    3- Condenser replaced.
    4. Condenser and line flushed.
    5. Compressor replaced.

Result so far: Overall cooling is replaced a bit; I doubt that there is some leakage somewhere and this can be cured easily. AC trips after around 5 minutes are gone but initial trips are still there. This is forcing me to accept that this is something with old 1.2 models but why I could not noticed it earlier.

I'll again discuss the same with Fiat to find if ECU is not actually causing some problems.

Where are all 1.2 owners? Their feedback can help me lot for sure.
  5. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Guys, My problem has been resolved. No more AC trips. Cooling is very good. Below is final list of parts replaced to resolve the issue:

1- Cooling Coil.
    2- AC Thermostat.
    3- Condenser.
    4. Compressor.
    5. ECU.

All these parts were covered under extended warranty.
    1 person likes this.
  6. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Nitin,
    Sorry for the late reply, never faced any such problems in my car.
    Glad to hear that the problem is now resolved.
    I think the last one in the parts list was the culprit.

Rajeev