1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Free Service Coverage and other Service costs

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by ramjn, Mar 8, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I like to understand the items that are covered under the Free Service by Fiat. The bill for the first Service was Rs. 80 (they charged for the windshield liquid) for me. I got this query in mind after having a chat with TFI'ian pemmasg. His car went for 2nd Service at VST Motors today and mine went to TAFE for the 2nd Service.

I got the following quote and the SA told me that the final bill amount will be less than this. I will know once I get the delivery of my car tomorrow.
    Engine Oil - 2600
    Oil Filter - 450
    Air Filter - 450
    Fuel Filter - 2100
    A/c Filter - 100
    Wheel Alignment - FOC (Free of cost)
    Wheel balancing - 480
    Ex. CH - FOC (I don't understand what it is, I will enquire this when I take the delivery)

When I spoke with pemmasg today, he told me that VST has charged him for Wheel Alignment. They told him that it is chargeable. I request inputs from TFI'ians on the items that are covered under free service and other costs.

Note: I was searching for a similar thread in TFI but couldn't find one. If exists, I request mods to merge this thread with that.
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  2. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    Ramjin,

I am attaching My Invoice PIC

Serviece_Invoice.jpg

Please note the prices of Engine Oil and Oil Filter. Not understanding why these prices are different in in our service stations which are from same City and most importantly they are located just 1.5 KMs apart.

We need to get clarification about the labour charges. They are charging for everying except Oil change and Filters change and thats what my SA told me when I ask about the difference between paid serviece and free serviece.

And in the first place why should they charge for wheel alignment. I argued for some time and gave up as I had to hurry for an important work. I will reopen my argument with VST if our TFI Mods and Members confirm that wheel alignment should not be charged under 2nd FreeServiece.

Attach your Invoice PIC too once you receive it.....

Best Regards
    Gopi
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ramjn,
    Free service
    1.Washing
    2.head light/tail lamp checks
    3.Oil/fluid level checks
    4.Under body checks
    5.if you have any specific related to interior vibrations like dashboard,rubber coming out of windows.

Yes for wheel alignment they charged me,here at my place i paid 250 INR
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Lots of concerns

Did you ask them to replace the brake pads?

What is that minor service job mentioned out there for - 650?

Alignment and wheel balancing are free to my knowledge and only weights are charged

Second service bill close to 10k is just too much for this segment. Think you were conned Gopi. Seems like VST is too greedy.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Only alignment is included in free servicing, whereas wheel-balancing is chargeable, teky. I was not charged for alignment during the second and third free servicing of my Linea.
    1 person likes this.
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Thanks Ravi ji, this has been a grey area to me so I never get anything from these guys regarding alignment and balancing.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  7. Ramesh,
    Cant we ask these people not to do wheel allignment /balancing ?

During my first free service i asked them not to do it and they accepted .Even I asked them not to put the wiper fluid which I will be filling regularly with distilled water where as they will be pouring the normal water . So my first free service costed me only 750 ml of engineoil . But all these was done @ my native .

I remember suresh mentioning that there is a good garage near velachery where wheel balancing will be done and he was happy about their work.I was also thinking to get it done outside TASS .

Pemmasg ,
    Second Free Service with labour charge of ~ 2500 Rs is shocking .. Also the wheel allignment is free as per Ramesh's post . So the 400 rs is also refundable.
    Ajit
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Gopi, I want to wait till this evening to see what exactly is going to be my bill. The SA clearly told me that the prices given to me are approximate figures and the actual bill amount will be less than that for sure.

---------- Post added at 05:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

We can ask them not to do it Ajit. I went ahead since they told me that Alignment is free.
    Now, the next question arises. When you say that first free service costed you for the 750ml of engine oil, you paid for that? During my first free service, they told me clearly that oil topup will be done free of cost.

It's Ramesh Tyres in Velachery. They do good job in Alignment and Balancing.
  9. Yeah I paid for that .. They said that they check the fluid levels FOC:) as if it is rocket science . And initially they charged me for consumables like cottons etc also for the wiper fluid which they never used in my car ..They prepared the bill thinking that I was not near my car in workshop.. But when I said to them that I was with my car in workshop and i didnt see anyone using cottons on my car or using wiper fluids, they were ready to reduce that consumables cost..

Arould 300 odd rs they had put in the first service bill which was fake .. I believe that this is the reason why they will never allow the owners to stand near the car . Again this is not the case of FIAT alone .. Almost all service centers put these extra costs on the bill and this is their main source of income ..

Ajit
  10. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    Yes. Looks like I am conned :(

They said they did some lubricating with a special spray which will solidify after spraying [forgive my lame explanation] and will last longer and it was done near engine area and so on...

They said break pads are worn out and need to be changed, as break pad conditions are one of the most essentials I said OK for change.

Just now called Anil[SA] he again said," usually we charge for wheel allignment" also he said that it is not mentioned specifically in the serviece book that it should be done for free. There is a ambiguity here and looks like serviece stations are cashing on these types of grey areas. Let me talk with Anil again and tell him that TFI members are saying that "Alignment is free of cost". If required we can esclate this to VST management that this will not be repeated for other FIAT customer.

-Gopi
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2012