1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Free Insurance from Future Generali for Fiat Cars - bane or boon?

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by speedJet, Oct 7, 2011.

?

Should we stop renewing / buying policy from Future Generali?

1. Yes

80.0%
  2. No

20.0%
  1. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Last monday I have renewed my Insurance with Bajaj Allianz Drive Assure Policy. I never had a single claim for the past 2 years of having FG. Ajit's case was the sole reason to move away from FG.
    4 people like this.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I always patronize with Sarkari insurance companies. But, seeing the predicament of Ajit, I voted with a vengeance for yes.
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
    6 people like this.
  3. Ashpalio

Ashpalio Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods,

I request your assistance in correcting my vote. I clicked 'No'. I would like to correct this.
  4. Thanks a lot Anandh for strating this thread. I was not in a right frame of my mind to start a thread like this even though I wanted to..

I voted Yes .

It was not just because they didnt declare my car as total loss . They were really cheating me by first confirming that my car will be total loss and sending salvage people to my home on very next day of accident. And with in few hours of booking my new linea his team member was standing at my door step mentioning that their head office at mumbai rejected their proposal of total loss by looking at few pics of my car that was taken by these FG peolpe. And they want my old car to be repaired.

If they had initially itself asked me to repair my car and it cannot be declared as total loss , the whole scenario would have been different.

I can never accept when people sitting in respectable positions like Manager of Claims lie to customers. They are the face of whole company and all their subbordinates look at them. This same guy discovered that my car is "easily reapirable" after 3 months of accident.

Even before looking my new car I caleld these people for 2 weeks to send me a official mail mentioning that my car is declared total loss and every day I received comment saying that they are waiting for approval from mumbai office and it will reach in any minute.

I know that we are not living in country of harischandras where people will say only truth . But still this was little difficult for me to digest. Unfortunately his attitude and comments has changed my perception about a big company.
    6 people like this.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is what matters most, its big or small, if attitude or individual experience is not good, that company is not for you.

Though, I have never used FG for any of my insurance, Tata-AIG has been good so far for me (in claims and in NCB), Bajaj screwed big time after 1st year claim, so I moved on.

I voted for Yes, I am not going for FG in any of its products. Other may be doing it, bit with this we know for sure, this company doesn't work on ethics.
    4 people like this.
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Guys,

Sorry to be cynical. I totally empathize with Ajit's situation and feel very saddened that he was taken for a ride.

However, I do have a few questions:

1. Which other insurer do you guys think would have declared the car a total loss and honoured their words?
    2. Which insurer would have been a joy to deal with?
    3. What exactly do we mean by "Official Boycott?". Are we saying that any member of TFI should not use FG? Does this include future members?

The only time I had to claim insurance was with Reliance and they did a good job. Of course the damage to the car was far lesser. I am sure any insurer would have honoured such claims. My intention behind asking these questions is neither to ridicule Ajit's plight nor to support FG. I am only trying to understand the objective of the thread and the poll and be clear about what I am committing to, before voting.

Disclaimer: I do not have any links with FG and have never used their services on my own. My T-Jet is currently insured with them, as it was provided by FIAT.

Rajan
  7. In many places I have seen craps sitting on a higher position and just because they have the authority they operate based on Inky Pinky Ponky. I have heard from my elders only in government sector one can find people like this and Private sector will have strict rules which will not encourage this kinda craps. But Now-a-days i think it is more in private sector than in the Govt Sector.
    1 person likes this.
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Nor did I have had any relationship with FG in the past. Now coming to how this poll and thread will help us in future- No company would love to be criticised on a public forum, listing customer experiences. A public discussion of the negative experiences from FG will pressurize them to make better decisions next time.

All of us prefer to live without trouble if there is an opportunity. If I am aware that someone had a bad experience from a company, I would definitely think twice before going for their services. I think anyone else would do that too.
    5 people like this.
  9. Rajan, injustice happens everywhere and and to everyone. TFI members by boycotting FG can support Ajit and also though the contribution from each member is very minute (boycotting), the impact may appear bigger for the FG and and also to other insurance companies. Reacting is better than staying still. That is what we are trying to do. Atleast Ajith will not feel left alone. Some kinda change can happen.

Not necessary every TFI member should boycott. Anybody who feels boycotting FG will one or the other way support Ajith can boycott.
    4 people like this.
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Very true. But I am not too clear on the poll, especially the use of the term "Officially"

I am fully in support of Ajit and in all likelihood will not be renewing with FG. However, the term "Officially" is somewhat unclear. I perceive it to mean that TFI (Admins / Mods) are endorsing that all members must boycott FG. That is what I am seeking clarity on.

Rajan
    3 people like this.