1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Free Insurance from Future Generali for Fiat Cars - bane or boon?

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by speedJet, Oct 7, 2011.

Should we stop renewing / buying policy from Future Generali?

1. Yes

2. No

1. Praveen ,
    After my experience I will suggest that NO ONE SHOULD GO WITH FUTURE GENERALI. Royal Sundaram looks better as per comments from few of the above posts.

1 person likes this.
  2. apraveen25

apraveen25 Novizio

Thanks Ajit. Even royal sundaram is cheaper than others from my list of quotes.
  3. Srini

Srini Regolare

Ajit - Sorry to hear about your episode with FG. However, others please note - no one would have faced similar situation with other insurance carriers as well, hence we have to hop between the carriers with own & others experience. Usually, the companies pay if it is minor or less than a lakh - more the claim - particularly in the case of Total Loss - In Ajit's case it is high as it happened during the first year of ownership - they are trying to cheat.!!
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Srini - paying a Lakh less is absolutely fine, but if you read Ajit's story it's completely different. The TASS folks have clearly said that it can't be restored to factory condition and FG is forcing Ajit to repair the car and he has to shell out some money to fix it.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Time to change the title of this thread?

"Insurance from Future Generali: Bane or Boon?" :D
    2 people like this.
  6. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Any update on this?

Did you try showing them the potential damage they are inflicting upon themselves, if not show them this thread.
  7. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

I have continued and renewed with my insurance with FG but this thread has me deeply concerned.

What good is an insurance if they don't honor it on some flimsy grounds ?

I read on a Fortuner owners review on t-bhp - he keeps only 3rd party insurance . Maybe that's the way to go !
  8. Should we stop renewing / buying policy from Future Generali?

Note from Moderators : Please read POLL TITLE carefully before voting

- If you feel you won't renew / buy Future Generali Insurance click Yes

- If you feel you will renew / buy Future Generali insurance click on No

Team, I strongly believe that it is high time we all stopped renewing our car insurance with Future Generali. The primary reason for this is as many would have already know on the experiences that our member Ajit is facing! More details in here http://www.teamfiat.co.in/punto-1-3-mjd-90-hp/3770-punto-1-3mjd-emotion-pk-90-hp-28.html#post149198

So what is your take? I know that there are many who have had no issues with FG like me, but seeing a fellow member suffer at their hands after his car being sandwiched is tough to digest. Hence I thought this thread will warn potential customers before they choose FG.

Please feel free to post your views on the same. If 3M is following their reviews on TFI and calls a member to apologize, hope this thread would have atleast a mild impact upon FG.

Sincere thanks to FIAT and TATA officials who tried their best to help Ajit.

Cross posting what Ajit had to say:

Note to Mods: Please feel free to edit/delete this thread if found inappropriate/uncalled for.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2012
    7 people like this.
  9. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    Not only with FG this happens. Most of the insurance companies eats the consumer's money. The thing is that we need to fight those people. Problem with the consumer side is that we don't have time to fight these people. The IRDA should bring the customer friendly laws for the Insurance companies.
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
    3 people like this.
  10. Mods, By Mistake I voted Yes. Can I revert my voting ????