1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Free Insurance from Future Generali for Fiat Cars - bane or boon?

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by speedJet, Oct 7, 2011.

Should we stop renewing / buying policy from Future Generali?

1. Yes

2. No

1. Hi Cinju , I can confirm on this part. This is the new rule . From customers pocket we have to pay minimum of 1000 Rs in case of insurance claim .

I will search for this new rule and post the link

2. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Right from the point you take the car out on roads, the price of plastic and rubber parts depreciate by 50% and price of metal parts starts depreciating only after 6months, 5% half yearly. Can you check whether he was charged 50% of the cost of the paint, as i heard such a rule is coming to check the dealers from overcharging from insurance as this is the prime area where they play the most..
    this fixed nominal cost while claiming insurance is normally charged in Bumper to bumper only, havent seen it in comprehensive !!
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  3. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Guys , I have One Question , When Our Car Delivered to us that time SA handle over all documents etc. but i found that Insurance price is ~12k only ( original quote = ~24K), I asked this to SA , He told me that , due to Fiat giving us Free insurance therefor its price is low ( as its Directly buy it from company ).....
    is all are getting 12k insurance receipt or its just me only ?
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    This happens for everyone. FG gives 50% discount to Fiat as part of a tie-up.

My car's original insurance quoted was 31k or something. But, I got to see only 16k+ in my papers. When I renewed the insurance for the 2nd year, I paid 21k+ :).
    1 person likes this.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

This is normal. My understanding is FIAT has an agreement with FG, who insure the car for 50% discount and FIAT absorbs that 50%. So, we the buyer do not have to pay for 1st year insurance.

1 person likes this.
  6. I had same experience with FG. First year insurance premium was bit more than 8K (got it for free, of course). They quoted second year premium around 14K. Got my second year insurance from Tata AIG for bit less than 8K. FG's quote was way higher than TataAIG, ICICI, and HDFC.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    I missed to mention that I renewed my insurance with HDFC Ergo not FG.
  8. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Thanks Guys , For Reply :)
  9. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

Hi all. Please help me. My current Insurance is with FG. It is due for renewal next month (nov). I am getting calls from almost every other Insurance company to renew my insurance with theirs. I didnt know it was possible until last year's renewal date neared. Last year also I got calls from most insurance companies. Couple of months ago one lady banged my car from behind and for repairing I had to shell out 36k out of 16.5K i had to bear from my pocket. Now this year after knowing about SBI's insurance, I am thinking of changing to SBI. Is it ok to change your continuing insurance from one Comp to another? What are the things I should keep in mind? Do I have to declare the claim in the previous (now current) policy? Please advise.
  10. teky

teky Esperto

It's good to avoid FG based on Cuty Red's experience with them. I would recommend looking at Tata AIG and also look into bumper to bumper insurance which can provide 100% coverage for all parts.
    1 person likes this.