1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Free Insurance from Future Generali for Fiat Cars - bane or boon?

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by speedJet, Oct 7, 2011.

?

Should we stop renewing / buying policy from Future Generali?

1. Yes

80.0%
  2. No

20.0%
  1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    its not a nominal fee. for an IDV of 7.5 lacs they charge a whooping 7600rs just for zero dep plan + the normal plan which costs 12000 after 50% discount.
  2. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Italia-Linea sorry for not being clear. I am rephrasing my question: if I have to add the zero-depreciation to the free insurance from FG, what is the way to go about it? Is it allowed or not. If yes what is the process - do I do it by negotiating with the dealer before taking the car or it can also be done after taking the car and the insurance (i.e. upgrading an existing insruance by paying about 7.5 K)
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    My car underwent a major repair costing around 2.25 lakhs, out of which i had to shell out about 35k for non metallic parts for which we get only 50% in the normal insurance.
    FG denied having zero depreciation policy some 3 months back so i had to change the provider to Bajaj A. Hence i m not sure if FG have such a policy although fellow fiatian italia-linea says they have it so u better call them up independently and check.
  4. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I think FG office is nearby to my home. I shall go and check with them
  5. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    I did not even know about zero dep plan, so I just went ahead and took FG which was being offered free.
  6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Upgrading to zero-dep insurance from FG

I called up Future Generali. The lady answering the call said that the free insurance can be upgraded to zero dep on payment of fee either at the time of taking delivery or if the dealer refuses to upgrade then it can be upgraded later on (after taking the delivery) from FG

I am planning to upgrade to zero depreciation insurance
  7. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Can you share more details of this offer?
  8. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Nishant, I did not understand your question fully, hence answering what I understood - There is no offer, for upgrading to the zero depreciation insurance you have to pay some amount. As mentioned by someone in this thread it could be to the tune of Rs 5000 to Rs 7500. I forgot to ask the exact amount for upgrading the insurance as I was more concerned whether it can be done or not. In zero depreciation, plastic parts are also covered
  9. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    My question was about the extra premium that you have to pay for the zero dep rider, and what all is *not* covered. Usually these schemes have *some* catch
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I am not sure about FG but with other insurance companies the catch is that you can make the zero depreciation claim only two times in an insurance cycle. Same should be valid with FG also ..