1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Free Insurance from Future Generali for Fiat Cars - bane or boon?

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by speedJet, Oct 7, 2011.

?

Should we stop renewing / buying policy from Future Generali?

1. Yes

80.0%
  2. No

20.0%
  1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I don't like Bajaj Allianz. Pretty happy with Tata AIG, from last 3 years.
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I think yes.. But the poll should have people liking or disliking an insurance company Only If they have made claims from that and the experience accordingly not simply because they've bought one.
  3. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Its time to renew my insurance. Would Bajaj Allianz be a good bet? What be the cost for zero depreciation insurance and what would be the expected IDE for the year old TJet? All suggestions welcome
  4. cabhilash

cabhilash

Kochi
    I am waiting for my new Italian beauty... I am supposed to get the free insurance from FG. After reading all the trauma Ajith had to undergo I am having a second thought with respect to the insurance. I will surely talk to my SA regarding this. Even if i take the free insurance for the first year, i will surely switch to another company form second year onwards.
    1 person likes this.
  5. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    Our Punto's Insurance due on 28th of this month. FG quoting 7600+ with IDV 4.65lacs.. but problem is that RHS OVRM has broken. so If I claim insurance, the premium will go up to 18k!!!....
    Now thinking about taking 3rd party insurance. Is it takes negative effects on resale value of the car?!!!
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    It depends whether Bajaj does have a cashless tie up with the Fiat workshop where you service the car. The IDV you should be looking at the end of first year is 15% less of the exshowroom cost of T-jet. However most of the times Insurers send the renewal notice with IDV roughly 10% less than last year's IDV. Zero dep is an addon which is bought along with the regular car insurance, it will definitley cost more but depends on the various packaage being sold by the Insurance co.

Future Generali is a good Insurance co and this is purely based on my previous experience with them when I owned the Fiesta. I was offered free insurance from FG by Fiat dealer, I guess it works out cheaper for them. In the pricelist the Insurance amt is mentioned as 25K but due to corporare tie up they are given insurance for 16K which means they still make some profit although on paper Fiat dealer shows a discount of 25K. Your thinking about opting for different Insurer after the first year is spot on.

Sincere suggestion - pls go for the comprehensive insurance always, will prove beneficial on the long run. Better Renew the premium and then claim insurance, this way the supposed loss would be postponed till the next year.
  7. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore

Ajit, what happened to your case ? Do update us.
  8. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    I renewed by Insurance for my Punto today with policy from Tata AIG.
    Dealer was in favor for Future Generali as the best for Fiat cars to which i calmly said a NO. I gave them example of Ajit's experience.

When the premium amount was shared with me, she again offered a lower quote with FG. I smiled an said a BIG NO again.
    Insurance lady was surprised to see me so adamant about FG :). I hope she communicates the same to FG
  9. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Is Tata AIG better than Bajaj Allianz? Also does Tata AIG have zero dep+engine cover similar to Bajaj Allianz Drive Assure? How much did you pay for the renewal?