1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Free Insurance from Future Generali for Fiat Cars - bane or boon?

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by speedJet, Oct 7, 2011.

?

Should we stop renewing / buying policy from Future Generali?

1. Yes

80.0%
  2. No

20.0%
  1. After going through Ajith's experience, i too am gonna switch over from FG this feb when my insurance is due for renewal. i was given the FG insurance by the Dealer and stuck to it for the past 2 years since i wasnt in the country and the car wasnt driven much. but now, after reading the experience of fellow TFIans, i would not want to experience what Ajith did with FG.

So, goodbye FG from me too!!
    2 people like this.
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Brand new indica top end model. Driver went to mumbai to drop my relatives. While coming back he stopped at chai ki tapri near mac donalds at Kalamboli mumbai. Some people approached the driver and said their mom is very sick and needs to be shifted to Pune. My driver said ok get in and followed a person on bike. After going ahead one of the person sitting inside the car took out a locally made Pistol and took the driver to secluded place. They badly thrashed my driver, broken face bones etc, took 2000 rs and my car. This was my worst Birthday gift.

ICICI rejects Claim saying driver misused the car. I complained to Ombudsman. Hearing took place and the ombudsman incharge blasted at ICICI lombard for behaving like this. I was very happy and i thought this is a positive news. As soon as i came out from his cabin i saw ICICI person greeting other officers and ladies in the OMBUDSMAN office, handshaking having tea with them etc. I understood the undertable affairs in this most reputed office.

After 1 month i get a notice from Ombudsman that they cannot help me, this case is a bit complicated and i should fight in court. Gone are my 3 lac rs.( dont remember if it was 2.8 lacs or 3.8 lacs)

I thought of fighting in higher court but again got a feeling that ICICI might bribe those people too.
  3. That was pretty bad experience ..

When I said to FG that I will go to court and fight for my case that guy was smiling and saying that they have got 6-8 lawyers whose main job is to handle such cases in court and they can easily drag any case for 4 -5 years .. ( Not sure whether this is true or not... But considering our courts situation I didnt disbelieved him ) And once we start to go to court we will be too irritated that we will approach them to settle it outside court.

These words were said by the person from FG who handled my claim.

Ajit
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    That's true. Most of these companies have full time legal advisors and/or a team of lawyers to handle such case. In most cases, they try to drag the case for long using various tactics. We will get fed up and sometimes go for an out of court settlement or some other resolution..
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Got a reply mail from Future Generali.

Dear Sir,

We thank you for your feedback posted through the forum http://www.teamfiat.co.in. We greatly appreciate the fact that you took time to share these concerns on behalf of your friend. Please be assured that we have initiated a review of the case from the corporate office. We shall review the sequence of events and the current assessment once again and get back with the resolution in no later than a week’s time. Our endeavor shall be to do so at the earliest.

Also, we tried to post a reply on your forum by creating an account. However, we were unable to do the same and get a message that “Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page”.

We reassure you that we are committed to provide good service to our customers and to settle all claims fairly under the purview of the policy terms and conditions. In our endeavor to offer Timely and appropriate Grievance Redressal to our customers, our customers have the option to reach us via various modes :

Help-lines: 1800-220-233, 1860-500-3333, 022-67837800
    Email : fgcare@futuregenerali.in
    Website : Life Insurance, General Insurance Company in India | Future Generali

We thank you in advance for your support and neutrality in the matter.

Yours Sincerely,
    Customer Care Team.
    Future Generali India Insurance Co. Ltd.
    9 people like this.
  6. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Good Good. We are really showing our strength here :)
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    That's a professional reply. But they should not have waited for the issue to be escalated. Let's hope they will come up with some resolution.
    I believe the public discussion of the issue has generated some heat, which is good. As long as we have facts in our support, we dont need to fear anyone.
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Let us wait and see for the events to unfold, royj. We can't just make a judgement from a reply email.
  9. OT: These kinds of incidents make noble people to sway away without showing humanity even during needy situations. It is really a dog-eat-dog world.
    2 people like this.
  10. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    True ramjn. What I meant is that we have provoked them enough that they felt the need to respond. Which is an acknowledgement of our strength.
    1 person likes this.