1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Free Insurance from Future Generali for Fiat Cars - bane or boon?

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by speedJet, Oct 7, 2011.

Should we stop renewing / buying policy from Future Generali?

1. Yes

2. No

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Oh Fish, I just changed my Zero dep policy from Bajaj Zero depreication to Future Generalli Zero Depreciation. I am sweating now. I have already lost 3 lacs to ICICI Lombard cheats.

I had good experience with Bajaj Allainz though when i did a claim under zero depreciation plan.
  2. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Voted "Yes"
    I have got a feed back call from FG a month back for my new Punto's insurance policy and they wanted to know whether I am interested to continue doing business with them and I have clearly told "NO". they wanted the reason and its been informed them about my friends claim.

I had a good experience with Bajaj allianz & Tata AIG so far and I had no other option other than pray to god till Oct 2013 (till my current insurance with FG expires)
    4 people like this.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Today, I happened to read the 'Grievance Redressal Policy of Future Generali and they started the document with the below Introduction section.

"Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd (“Company “) believes that excellence in customer service is the most important tool for sustained business growth. As a service organization, customer service and customer satisfaction are our prime focus area. In order to achieve the company’s vision “We pledge to provide Financial Security to all people and enterprises through TOTAL INSURANCE SOLUTIONS. The Company has adopted “Can-do, Indian-ness, Respect, Nimbleness” as its corporate values. Each of these values have been adopted with special emphasis towards providing customer with excellent service through the Indian philosophy of “Atithi Devo Bhava” adhering to complete transparency and respect towards customer."

My anger multiplied after reading this. I have now shot an email to FG (to a section of top brass) sharing a link to this thread to let them know what Fiatians feel after this incidence.
    9 people like this.
  4. royj

royj Esperto

I have no direct experience with FG, however, when they first came here, it tried to push its products through one person in our company and the approach felt down right fishy. Needless to say, I stayed away from the entire thing.
    2 people like this.
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I have had a bitter experience with FG. Had to change the windshield due to a crack, these jokers conned me of 1k bucks. Compulsory deductible has to be subtracted from the final amount that I have to pay, but instead they coolly labelled it as 'processing fee'.

I got furious, called up the head office at Chennai, threatened the moron to send me the document which states so, he collected my e-mail ID, till date I am yet to receive that. After the call, he called up Windshield Experts and asked them to waive off a meagre amount from the labour thinking that I would keep quiet. I had no other option as WE was also supporting FG.

Long Story short, it is a big YES from my side for leaving behind FG.
    2 people like this.
  6. Could you share your experience with ICICI-Lombard?
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Don't sweat Amit. It's not a given that you WILL be treated in a similar manner. Look around - horror stories everywhere. Can't shun 'em all, can we. :)
    1 person likes this.
  8. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Linea 1.4
    I Completely stand by CutyRed. I have heard many more horror stories of Future Generali on this Forum and generally elsewhere.

TFI should completely boycott FG as cutyreds incidence is also an eyeopener for all of us.

Amit...no sweat. Just drive more carefully this year :D
    Beware of TATA Trucks :rolleyes:
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2012
    2 people like this.
  9. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

i have already boycotted FG. my renewal is in Jan and going with Oriental Insurance.
    4 people like this.