1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Free Insurance from Future Generali for Fiat Cars - bane or boon?

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by speedJet, Oct 7, 2011.

?

Should we stop renewing / buying policy from Future Generali?

1. Yes

80.0%
  2. No

20.0%
  1. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    Totally agree.. Strong customer reactions from all quarters will sure make companies think twice.. Refering to Case of Harsh( T-BHP) Skoda case.. Skoda marketing joined the forum to give an official reply( though of no use to the customer). But the idea to send a clear message to the MNC/ DESI companies. DON'T PLAY SMART. YOU MESS WITH ONE CUSTOMER YOU LOSE HUNDRED OTHERS...
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
    3 people like this.
  2. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    Exactly.. Full cover insurance is meant for incidents such as these right. what is the point if they dont honor claims. Seeing your loved car in mangled condition is itself a pain and financial loss for no mistake of ours hurts very very badly..

Even my friend who owns a Corolla just goes with 3rd party.. With Companies like FG, i think its better we save some money..
  3. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Voted "No" just because of Ajit's case. FG provide heavy discount and know I got how they recover discounted amount. I am running with Tata Aig 0% dep even in 4th year.
    1 person likes this.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Guess you wanted to vote for Yes, but voted for No. Please read the options again :D

Rajan
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Votes "Yes" even though I didn't renew with FG because TATA AIG had a better reputation. I'll pass this message on Social media to ensure as much as visibility!

My next car will be a Fiat but it's insurance will never be with FG for sure.
    7 people like this.
  6. Suresh , this is the same comment that is in my heart . When ever I buy a new car , it will be FIAT , may be in 2013, 2014 or 2015 ... But it will nver have insurance from FG ..

Ajit
    1 person likes this.
  7. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Ajit, why don't you collect data regarding cars moved ahead from FG. Make a note on the paper and deliver the same to FG BY HAND and tell them what good you have done for FG. But don't go alone there.

That would be a slap with power.
  8. I switched away from FG from second year. The quote they provided over phone was around 70% more than what provided by others. Every year before renewal I get quotes from other insurers and go with the one which provide better deal. After coming across Ajit's story, I made my mind to stay away from FG even if it comes for free.
    2 people like this.
  9. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai

One need not be seen to be supporting Ajith by boycotting. Our thoughts are always with a fellow member whom we would not like to see suffer

We have to learn the attitude of FG from the way Ajiths issue was handled. We have a certain level of expectation when we leave a comfortable Public sector firm to a private sector insurance firm. Expectations are that the support will be good and response will be quicker. We are not out there looking to cheat the Insurance for some flimsy claim. In Ajiths case, since the car was sandwiched , it sure has lost its overall dimensions a bit.I saw the car at TAFE,and the thought that it is a car restored with compromises will haunt in his mind always . It was not beyond repair with the damaged components, but the sandwiching by a lorry that is ten times the weight must have had a irrepairable impact on the chassis which cant be seen and that is what I felt was unacceptable

Most of us who would hesitate to take a call on continuing with FG may be the ones who are yet to face a claim, but the true face of FG or for that matter any insurance co is when you make a claim.

As linealover had mentioned in an earlier post that there will be resistance from the insurance co, it is the way you take the bull by the horns when they fool around. An insurance co manager is measured by the least amount of claim paid which in turn results in a better bottomline. So he is bound to resist. But if he is doing it at the cost of being rational, then it is time to move on.

Abdul
    5 people like this.
  10. Abdul ,
    100% agree with you . This was the same statement I said to the insurance regional manager too . I too was concerned about the chassis. As per them they will replace the chassis only when the car overturns. While myself and linealover went to meet them they were boasting that they didnt replaced chassis of a bmw which overturned but still ended up paying around 30 lakhs as insurance liability.

Considering my accident situation I cant udnerstand how or why they expect a car to overturn (even if it is a maruti alto or nano) when the same gets sandwiched between 2 heavy lorries.

Ajit