1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Free Insurance from Future Generali for Fiat Cars - bane or boon?

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by speedJet, Oct 7, 2011.

?

Should we stop renewing / buying policy from Future Generali?

1. Yes

80.0%
  2. No

20.0%
  1. Agree, this can happen with any insurance provider, but following this case closely and with having concrete evidence of FG literally cheating a fellow member prompted me to start this thread.
    "Can we officially boycott" was a question that I raised to the forum, and we want healthy debates on the same and hence the poll with option yes or no. Neither my intention nor the forum intends to impose upon any member to use or not use FG.

I used the word "Official" simply because I came across many member who expressed they wanted to opt out of FG especially after this incident. Instead of talking within ourselves on opting out of FG, I thought it would be better to voice out. But if the term "Official Boycott" seems harsh or unwanted, I would request the mods to please remove the same.

Same is the case with me :) In fact for the second year I continued with them, but come Feb2013, I will move on.
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
    4 people like this.
  2. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1. Doesn't matter. Future Generali cannot say "Because company X does not honour it's word we are not going to either". If you search on Team-BHP you will find threads where total loss claims have been fully honoured. You will also find cases where the insurance company has played spoil sport like FG has in this case.

2. We do not know. But Tata AIG and the government insurance companies are known to handle such cases in a better way! A company's reputation and professionalism is best judged in moment's of crisis / abnormal situations. FG clearly messed up in this case. (In spite of officials from Tata & Fiat intervening. If they don't pay heed to the manufacturer forget they giving respect to the customer

3. I tend to agree with you : "Boycott" does sound a little harsh. We can probably "Blacklist" Future Generali.
    8 people like this.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - I removed "Officially" and "TFI" from thread title, just to clear doubts.
    4 people like this.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks Ravi. Just voted "Yes".

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  5. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You need to remove "Officially" from poll too.

It's individual's choice of hanging with a specific insurance company. If I feel that FG is doing good for me, for sure I will be sticking to the insurance company (I am not going to hang with them anyways). I can support the one who suffered in other ways, right?
  6. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Absolutely.

If you are happy, please continue.
    This is for general information how FG is working, but individuals are free to take its own decision.
    1 person likes this.
  7. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I didn't say I am happy but there was not mess up happened with me. Even some cases who handles the insurance claims from SC also may cause for the mess up.

I agree with Amogh's view. If the insurance company is not heeding the manufacturer or dealer how they will be helpful to the customer?

As well I feel to organize the things. I have my bike and health insurance with ICICI (as I am account holder, it is easy to me to track the expiry and renew easily). So will evaluate for Car too before switching.
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  8. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    I changed FG insurance to New India at the time of renewal for by Linea a couple of months back. After reading this, I am not going to renew with FG for my punto and will advice my friends, relatives and in all forums to refrain from FG. If at all FG guys call me for renewal i am surely going to refer to Ajit's case as the sole reason for not renewing with them.. This is the way i can support a fellow TFi'an..
    7 people like this.
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Even though FG had paid around 1.90 Lacs for repairing my punto in 2010, i voted yes in this poll just to make my part of the contribution in order to make this message stronger and hoping that it makes a noticeable difference their way of functioning. I guess I am expecting too much!!

Having said that, there is no black and white kind of difference between FG and other insurance companies present in our country. They all wear different shades of grey when it comes to honoring large claims.

I am saying this because we had a really hard time in claiming total loss from bajaj allianz for my friend's maruti ritz where we had to involve the CEO of bajaj allianz motor insurance to get things right. Only saving grace for BA here was that after all the drama, ultimately they honored the total loss claim.

Even if FG lose atleast 50 potential customers from TFI due to Ajit's case, it should be enough for them to stand up and take notice for their own benefit if not for something else.
    8 people like this.
  10. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3