1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Free Insurance from Future Generali for Fiat Cars - bane or boon?

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by speedJet, Oct 7, 2011.

?

Should we stop renewing / buying policy from Future Generali?

1. Yes

80.0%
  2. No

20.0%
  1. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Fiat is nowadays offering free insurance for all its car. While this does reduce the load on the pocket while buying the car, there are bound to be some hidden things.

Is anyone aware of the features of this free insurance from Future Generali:
    - what is covered?
    - what is not covered?
    - is this insurance zero-depreciation insurance?
    - if anyone wants to upgrade this insurance to zero-depreciation insurance after buying the car is it possible? If yes, what is the process for the same?

The dealer hardly has any idea about the insurance and so TFI is the only place where I shall get answers to my queries
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    please find my answers in bold below:
  3. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    It is the same as you would have got any with any other insurance service provider. The only hidden point is they pay 12K but list it as 25K in the quotes. Infact, FIAT would pay still less to FG as the free insurance will be offered only through them. By this they bring in sales. Nowadays, most of the car companies are doing this.
  4. Deepak R

Deepak R Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Even i ve got the same confusion. My dealer told me that 100% is for metal parts and 75% is for the plastic parts.. I don't know to what extent this might be true. I ll be getting my car next Saturday (OCT 15th) :) :)
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    i am going to renew my Future Generali insurance with zero depreciation plan.

0% dep on metal, plastic as well as rubber parts.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  6. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    You can try talking to the dealer, but I doubt he"ll let you opt for some other insurance company. It's a part of the offer. Why dont you try contacting the other companies (BA, Tata AIG, ICICI Lombard) and obtain quotes from them first? That way, you'll have better negotiating power with the dealer as well.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Do they have such a plan now? it wasn't available 3 months back so i went for bajaj allianz drive assure.
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    yes, he told me that they had this plan from long time. i am also getting a 40% discount on bajaj, tata-aig, future etc.
    bajaj is giving 20% discount on the zero dep plan too.

Can anyone share reviews about Future Generalli?

I would always warn people not to buy for fall prey to ICICI LOMBARD thieves.
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    i have used FG insurance extensively in my first yr of ownership. it has been hassle free always (including one major repair )without any fuss.
    it was normal plan though and not the zero dep one.
    i.had to pay heavily for not having the zero dep plan:(
  10. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Thanks for the response shams. You cleared some of my doubts

DJ --> which insurance did you finally take: the one that is free or you upgraded to zero depreciation. Please let me know

Shams, can you explain more on how it proved csostly to you. Also, are you aware of any method by which FG can upgrade the insurance to zero dep for a nominal fee?