1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fourth Servicing Done for my Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by vikastwister, Mar 11, 2011.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Have a read of Wikipedia's article on "Hydrolock". Your doubts will disappear.

Both are the same. Unless your car has a snorkel kit , which raises the air intake above the level of water, any car is bound to get hydrolocked once water gets into the engine. And it gets in mostly by the air intake route.

In the Punto, just like the Linea i'm sure the air intake is just beneath the bonnet. So that's plenty of room to wade through water. Just don't splash through anything.

Most exhaust systems nowadays are angled downwards, so if we keep the revs high when wading through exhaust pipe deep water, then the water will find it tough to enter the pipe. A bit of water entering the exhaust pipe is no issues at all. Just thrash the engine around a bit and you're done with cleaning and drying the exhaust system . ;)

2. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

@Gurji I read the article . Usefull Info !!! Thanks for the suggestion.
  3. vikastwister

vikastwister Novizio

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2011
  4. vikastwister

vikastwister Novizio

Hi All,
    Now I have completed 2 Years with my punto and clocked 33000 KMS with it. So writing an owner ship review. Its a great car no second thought about it. My love to my car increases every day. Till now nothing has come out of my car as people suspected about its plastic quality. Have gone through number of times at "no road" types places and did not have any ground clearance issue. It has been increased further in 2012 punto, a welcome move.

Mileage is awesome 24+ on highways and 18+ in city driving condition if driven in sedate manner. But even the performance figures are not bad. Its 19-20 if driving at 120+KMPH.

Service wise I am happy till now, accept one time delay in part. But on complaining on customer care, it was dispatched and install in 4 days. Rest story is satisfactory as far as the servicing is concerned. Wheel balancing done at 15000 KMS during service and at 33000 KMS at tyre shoppee, noida. Alignment was done at 15000 KMS during service and still OK. Even my plastic clutch slave cylinder was OK till 30000 KMS. Service center requested me to get it changed in warranty and they changed it free.

I got my car with free 50 months warranty. And things gets changed at free of cost if covered in warranty. So enjoying that part.

Today to celebrate 2 years with it, car has got some body graphics.

MODS NOTE - Please ensure proper punctuation of the post to enhance readability. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2012
  5. vikastwister

vikastwister Novizio

Got my Fourth servicing done for Grande Punto. Car has completed 42000+ KMS and will be three years old on 1st of Feb. Went for the early service as steering oil and break oil was below minimum mark, so decided for the servicing also.
    Apart from the service cost following items were also changed.
    1. Front two shocker mounts with plastic cap
    2. Fonts Break pads. (Completed 42000 KMS with the factory fitted one. Still 2 mm was remaining but to be safe get them replaces.
    Engine Check light was getting on occasionally, so Turbo checked and OCP reader was used for diagnosis. No issue found. Culprit is Weak battery. With New battery Engine check light was gone. Than charged my battery externally and old battery is fine now. Next year it will be a sure shot replacement.

Overall Cost for this service with parts changed was Rs. 19450. Which I think is OK for this much mileage done.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Moderator, How can I modify the title for this thread ? If possible for you than change it for "Fourth Servicing Done for my Punto"
    1 person likes this.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Excellent, you brake better than most of us.

Seems bit high, can you share details of all items.

This is done, please use Report Post feature for this type of requests.
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

42K kms is an awesome fig.. I guess your mileage figs and brakepad lasting 42k kms says a lot about your driving style.. cool and calm DRIVER..

19450 seems to be quite a high fig...plz share the details
  8. vikastwister

vikastwister Novizio

@Pauleralil: I am a cool and calm driver with in city limits. But on highway I always drive 120+ and occasional 150+. About breaking habits I dont do panic breaking or dont do tail gating as it requires lots of breaking. press the metal and overtake it kind of stuff. Always put off the foot from accelerator if seen that lot of traffic is ahead.
    Even service center guy was amazed that my discs are intact. :)
    On servicing front every kind of fluid possible in the car was replaced. Injector cleaning, Engine Flush happened. Wiper blades changed, both front shockers mount as well as both break pads changed. Handbreak was getting tightened. Left side mirror cap was attached. And the best part during this service was every thing was done infront of me.
    From cost wise it seams on higher side but considering that shocker mount as well breakpads cost it is OK. But Oberoi motor's labour cost is on very high side.
  9. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Grande Punto 1.2

Can you share the bill details of 4th servicing. As i will doing the same in upcoming weekend from Oberoi Motors and need to make up my mind as how much it will cost to my pocket :)
  10. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Isnt the labor costs same across all FASS??