1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fourth Servicing Done for my Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by vikastwister, Mar 11, 2011.

1. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    Re: My Punto MJD, 20000 KM, 1 Year review

good review. and good you got a new set of suspension mounts. i also feel my car a play, but SC always says nothing wrong :mad: . its sad that very few buy such a wonderful car. there are 5 new figos in my group. some have a tight budget while some just dont want to risk with fiat :uh . 19 in the city is really great.
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Re: My Punto MJD, 20000 KM, 1 Year review

No prob karan, they will feel the punch of fiat, everytime you drive your Linea with them, Now if said so about the frisk what is the future of Suzuki, Honda, Toyota now???
  3. vikastwister

vikastwister Novizio

Punto performance in Extreme Climate Condition

Hi Guys,
    Even if I am bit lazy in writing my good experience with my Punto. But my last night driving experience with my punto in
    extreme climate condition forced me to write about it. Last night I was coming from Dehradun to Noida via haridwar and there
    was very heavy rain between Dehradun and Mujaffarnagar. I started my journey at 9:15 PM in heavy rain. First time in my life
    I was driving my car with AC and Heater ON and Fan and Wiper at full speed to avoid the mist on my wind screen, but even after that
    visbility was poor. Car was fully loaded with passengers and blinkers, Music sytem was on With all four component speakers. Now
    you can understand the amount of load on my CAR engine.
    Even in heavy rain, braking was rock solid. And I was fearing that if some one will be behind me than definetly he will run in to
    my back, and guess what my fear almost became reality. In my front INNOVA applied a sudden brake to avoid the bad patch on road.
    And I was driving behind him and due to rock solid brakes I was able to stop my CAR in time. But same was not the case with
    i10 behind me. I was driving my CAR 80 KMPH in heavy rain on that road behind the INNOVA and I guess i10 must also be running at
    70 to 75 KMPH and he was at my back at some distance. Due to slippery road, i10 went out of control and there was sqeeching sound
    at my back. Thank god, that car lost the control and went to other side of the road, other wise there must be a definite hit as he
    stopped after overtaking me but luckily on wrong side of the road. Now I admire my beauty more due to its braking and road grip.
    When We reached Haridwar, near GANGA JI, worst nightmare for any driver was present. There was a artificial river present on the
    road with very heavy flow, direction perpendicular to your car. And Since the road was gone leaving a benchmark depth on the road.
    The water level was above your Car doors. And the only Cars able to cross that hurdle were suvs, trucks and buses. You wont beleive
    that even with so much load on my CAR my punto was able to cross that was. It was amazing to see. And every other CAR whether it
    i10, alto, wagon R, santro were stuck in that pool. As water went inside the the silencer of these vehicles and all of them were
    standing stranded. And those were in these cars standing on the shore of this artificial river did not dare to cross it.
    I was really amazed to see the torqe of my engine. Now I feel, fiat is worth a buying, even if people speak shit about the company.
    And I love my deceision.
    I saw around 20 cars which were standing due to breakdown on road during my journey. And you would not beleive me none of them was fiat.
    One was brand new Estillo (recognised due to A/F sticker), lots of Indica and Maruti Van, Santro, Old tavera and Qualis, few 800s
    and Altos, one Wagon R.
    One important noticable thing was the average fuel consumption I got was 18.6 KMPL, with so much load and extreme climate. I generally
    used to get 23 to 24 KMPL on this route.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Vikas nice to read your thread. All of know Punto performance in Extreme Climate Condition is excellent, but my suggestion would be

Avoid night driving that too in rainy season & with family.
  5. ginnupotter

I bought my 1.3 MJD two days back and your post gives a lot of confidence about Punto's abilities :p
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Cheers dude. Glad to hear that the Punto passed with flying colours the difficult conditions .

And a special mention to the brakes on these FIATs. They are among the best in the business.

7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    Enjoyed reading your experience, but...
    And avoid taking risks like these(I mean crossing the river). We are tempted to get a little adventurous in these kind of situations. If the car breaks down, we will blame the car even if it happens by our mistake.
    Drive safe and Enjoy your drive!

About brakes: At least couple of times my punto's brakes saved the lives an idiot cyclist who crossed when the signal was green and another idiot biker who took a U-turn from the let to my right side.
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  8. vikastwister

vikastwister Novizio

Hi Kedar Bhai,
    I generally do not take risk like that. But I had no other option as had to came home, irrespective of every thing. And one learning from this drive was, never ever go out in heavy rain in night. Better postpone every thing.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    thats great Vikas :)

Even I am also learned a lesson from your experience.

BTW thanks for sharing your experience.
  10. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Vikas thats really remarkable for the Punto !!
    I just have a general doubt . Why do engines normally switch off in the water ?
    Apart from some short circuit , is it because of the blockage in the air inlet or air outlet(exhaust) ?
    Where is the air inlet of Punto located and how was it able to go through in such a deep water ?
    Further I want to know that when driving in deep water which is a more safer bet among a petrol and a diesel engine? Or are both the same ?
    Are there any specific precautions that need to be taken care off when driving through water ? It it advisable to cross slowly or do a sudden acceleration ? Any difference in treatment b/w a diesel and a petrol vehicle ?

Thanks to anyone who clarifies my query.
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2011