1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fourth Servicing Done for my Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by vikastwister, Mar 11, 2011.

1. vikastwister

vikastwister Novizio

Noida
    Being a happy owner of Punto MJD 76 BHP for 1 year, I should start my review with ::D ::T :wink: :dance :dancing :wow :clap :clapping . I would like to say Punto makes me happy in excellent road manners, great mileage, comfort, braking and space. I drive my punto 100+ speed most of the time and some times cross 160 and 170 too and it never goes out of control. Driving punto is very much effortless. The best part with punto is very easy to drive both in city traffic and at high ways. You can drive it in traffic jam condition with the use of cluth only, do not even require a accelerator paddle to push. So you never feel tired. And on high ways every one knows its potential. Mileage I got in city is 19 KMPL and on high ways its 24 KMPL with full time AC ON. I think that is reason, I do not drive my bike any more, because it is not heavy on traffic. Brakes are rock solid and got the chance of tested tham three times on high way and every time it stopped in very less distance. Tank like build is still intact after one head on collision (With Honda Accord, refer my review "Performance of Punto MJD with others" for details about it )and one one air jump (recently) on the high way. So now feel pretty much safe inside it. I was going to dehradun at 140+ KMPL in the night and suddenly high speead breaker came just before a very bad road. Did not see the speed breaker and I was in the air with my Punto. When it came down, it landed on the concrete residual of the road and hit very hard from the bottom. And stopped with skidding in very short distance. I thought my front shockers are gone, because after that on turns very strange sound started to come. Next day went to Tata-Fiat Service center in dehradun for the checkup. They looked in the car and said that Car is OK and shockers are absolutely fine only the shocker mounts has developed some play due to the hit. They replaced the shocker mounts free, due to car warranty. The 20000 KM drive is fantastic till now and even my parents love to go any where in Punto due to its seating comfort and space.
    Guys what I suggest is, if you are planning to buy a car and have some extra budget, just buy Punto. Its fantastic.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2013
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Re: My Punto MJD, 20000 KM, 1 Year review

19 KMPL in city is a fantastic figure.
    I hope you meant Km/hr and not KMPL. Drive safe buddy 140 km/hr at night is too high.
  3. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger

vikas can u please post some pics of your beauty. will love to see how minimal grey looks on a Active version.
  4. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune

I feel the same like you.... It is the best hatch one an have and drive in city+highways... The other hatches are good in city but fail big time on highways..
  5. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3

That was a superb report. But be careful my friend dont cross 100 kmph at night. You know our roads cannot be trusted and the puntos headlights are on the dimmer side. :traffic
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

please that is not a safe practice in inda to mention in public forums rather it is illegal .
    though w.r.t enthusiast point of view, driving it high speed just once is tolerable.
  7. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar

good report. Agree with you. :drinks

hiren
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2

Your MJD had a good running between the cities, Hos do you feel the clutch and the power has it increased ::pP
  9. Re: My Punto MJD, 20000 KM, 1 Year review

Vikas, good report. Drive extremely safe while doing high speeds. Happy motoring.
  10. vikastwister

vikastwister Novizio

Noida

Guys, thanks for the suggestions. After that incidence, I have changed my driving style little bit. Now I try to cruze on 80-90 on highways, and cross 100+ just for over taking. This helps me in running my punto in its power band and driving has gone more smooth with very less fatigue. Definitely I will post my car pics in next 1 or 2 days.